Do you tip your masseur?

Hey_Jay
This topic is 2243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest SimonL

I always tip. I guess I think service of any kind deserves that, as I'm not always sure they get to keep all their pay. Maybe that's naive on my part.

I will tip only if the massage and service was good or great. Obviously if the massage session was inferior I don't tip. Makes common sense. I also will only tip the masseurs who have rates up to the $120-$150/hr mark. The guys who have massage rates beyond that in the $170-$250/hr rate (yes...there are many....just for an hour!) I feel are making enough, and a tip is not warranted. If a masseur is pulling in $170-$250 for a one hour massage session, I feel a tip is excessive!

Edited by Dmitri

I will tip only if the massage and service was good or great. Obviously if the massage session was inferior I don't tip. Makes common sense. I also will only tip the masseurs who have rates up to the $120-$150/hr mark. The guys who have massage rates beyond that in the $170-$250/hr rate (yes...there are many....just for an hour!) I feel are making enough, and a tip is not warranted. If a masseur is pulling in $170-$250 for a one hour massage session, I feel a tip is excessive!

Totally agree Sir!

Yes, if I enjoyed the massage. I'll tip more if they go above and beyond the call of duty. These guys are getting 100% of the fee, but they also have to pay for all the overhead (supplies, advertising, business taxes, etc.). I understand the desire to not tip high priced guys. I don't hire anyone over 150, so I can't comment on that.

Prices have become so high that for me a tip is an expression of superior service and appreciation of the work. Since I live in a place where there aren’t many regular choices, the tip is also for those “travelers” who also do a great job but who also have travel expenses especially if I want to say, I hope you will think about returning to our city.

I don't usually tip masseurs on incalls or outcalls, but PLEASE remember that the boys at spas get only a fraction of our hourly fee of about $60, so a tip is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY -- IN CASH! On a $60 massage, I routinely tip $40-$60, and I don't consider that overly generous, merely appropriate.

Yes! Agree. The Spa masseurs get a fraction of what we pay and a tip is essential.

• 1 month later...