NYC bar/nightclub recommendations (specifics on what I'm looking for included in post)

JerseyBabyDaddy
This topic is 2277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi gents!

I'll be going to NYC soon and I was wondering if you have any recommendations for nightclubs or bars with dancefloors that regularly play gay anthems on weekends? I'm looking for some place that is not all Top 40 music. Unfortunately, in Philadelphia where I live, all the gay bars and nightclubs play Top 40 songs and club music with almost zero gay anthems. By gay anthems I mean songs like "Believe," "Vogue," "Go

If there are none, then I'm just looking for a place with a great dancefloor; dark room, mini-light show, and steam.

Preferably somewhere with no dress code or selective entry. If you know the cover, please let me know.

I've been to Stonewall Inn and Rise. I liked that Rise had a dancefloor, but it was too crowded when I went. Plus, I'm looking for something more "club-ish" and less "bar-ish." I've heard good things about Industry, the Monster, and the Ritz. Any recommendations?