Baby Driver

OCClient
This topic is 2297 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Rented Baby Driver tonight, just to see what all the fuss was about, why it made a few favorite movie lists for 2017.

*********************SPOILER***************************

If you like car chases, combined with a sappy, yet compelling love story and a lot of gun play, this might be your movie.

For me the best part was a Paul Williams cameo right in the middle. I honestly thought to myself "hey that looks like Paul Williams but no.....he wouldn't be in THIS movie." But on the DVD extras the director explained it was.

I get it, the movie made a lot of money, so was popular. But I wouldn't watch it again. Too many people get shot up, including security guards and police. Not nice. The characters didn't make all that much sense to me, but for people that like car chases, and gun play, that might not matter.

DJlp5C-XoAAJdBA.jpg

I enjoyed the movie a great deal.

*** SPOILER ***

For me the best part was Kevin Spacey's character being eviscerated by bullets, given that I saw it the day after his mealy mouthed response to the sexual assault allegation initially made against him.

I thought Ansel Elgort and Lily James were very good.

• 4 weeks later...