Patron writes anti-gay message on restaurant receipt - then the server got fired

Avalon
This topic is 2366 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was a rush to judgement. But the restaurant was wrong to have fired him. That was discrimination based upon sexual orientation. That is not just morally wrong but illegal.

I am just so sick and tired of all the homophobia that still exists especially here in the USA!

Nope. He posted pvt info. He broke policy. I would have fired him as well and not offered him the job back despite public outcry. Every company I've worked with has you sign off that you have recieved, read and understand company policy. Ive worked with large and small ma and pa places and theyve all done this. I would bet this place does it to but they just don't want to deal with the pink mafia.

Hugs,

Greg

Sorry to all of you who are trying to defend the actions of this young man; and he should never had to put up with the bigotry of the customer. However he did do wrong and I would have fired in an instance. You can't, not you can't, post confidential customer information I don't care how little of the card. I hope the best for the young man but hope this is a lesson. As for the bigot customers, rot in hell

Remember the old days when people would get their bad checks posted on the bulletin board at the grocery store for all to see. Perhaps not relevant to this thread but this thread made me think of that.

It's been ages since I've seen a check. But wasn't the persons acct number on the bottom of the check along with the routing number?

Hugs,

Greg

Go back and read your post (#17).

You said he should’ve hidden the name and account number when posting the receipt. There is NO name or account number showing.

Yes there is. The last four digits of the account is clearly visible. He posted a picture of a receipt that was not his to post. That is not acceptable. There are a lot of other identifiable details in there and in this day of hackers-it is not acceptable. In this picture he may have obscured the signature portion-but that means he has in possession the whole receipt.

I feel for the waiter, but this cannot be acceptable for any business. Two wrongs don't make a right.