1 hour or 2 hours

cruiserdude1234
This topic is 2374 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour first time meeting. Limit your exposure, just in case you're not a happy customer.

If happy.... you can always ask to extend time. If he can't accommodate, you still had a good hour, and can schedule future appointments.

If unhappy, it may present an extra challenge to leave before the full two hours are up, and if it's your initiative, there are financial consequences .

Follow-up appointments: go for as long as you can afford and perform/enjoy..... ask him if he has preferences.

1 hour first time meeting. Limit your exposure, just in case you're not a happy customer.

If happy.... you can always ask to extend time. If he can't accommodate, you still had a good hour, and can schedule future appointments.

If unhappy, it may present an extra challenge to leave before the full two hours are up, and if it's your initiative, there are financial consequences .

Follow-up appointments: go for as long as you can afford and perform/enjoy..... ask him if he has preferences.

I agree. I have done a one hour to start. In some cases, that was too long. I have only scheduled multiple hours with someone I have met before.

I’m trying to decide whether to schedule a 1 hour or 2 hour appointment. I have only done 1 hour appointments and am trying to decide if it is worth it to do 2 hours.

I generally do two hours on the first meeting. Especially if the provider offers a two hour rate.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never hired a guy who I found it difficult to spend two hours with. It takes an enormous amount of pressure off of getting to know a new guy a little bit before getting down to business. Then business can also move more slowly.

I just find it really awkward to rush a new guy out of his clothes. After I get to know them, I have no problem doing a one-hour appointment that is all business, but not on the first meeting.

Since I never hire anyone who I wouldn't be interested in seeing more than once, I think the two hours is a goid initial investment. It gives me time to determine whether I like the man himself and not just his body. :)

I generally do two hours on the first meeting. Especially if the provider offers a two hour rate.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never hired a guy who I found it difficult to spend two hours with. It takes an enormous amount of pressure off of getting to know a new guy a little bit before getting down to business. Then business can also move more slowly.

I just find it really awkward to rush a new guy out of his clothes. After I get to know them, I have no problem doing a one-hour appointment that is all business, but not on the first meeting.

Since I never hire anyone who I wouldn't be interested in seeing more than once, I think the two hours is a goid initial investment. It gives me time to determine whether I like the man himself and not just his body. :)

I agree with MikeyGMin. I typically go for two hours on the first meeting for both parties to get comfortable. It can take me awhile to get comfortable with someone new. After I feel some sort of connection, I can get into more. If it works out, you will thank yourself for the extra time. You have more time to explore what you adore.

I like to split the difference and schedule a 90 minute appointment. Doesn't feel (to me) anywhere near as rushed as an hour often can be.

I'm with Topseed. 1.5 is just the right amount of time for me, especially for a first meeting. I also like disrupting the fee schedule. So if someone quotes me $300/hr, I'll counter with an offer for $400 for 1.5, $500 if we really hit it off. It seems to me based on experience that this incentivizes my date to bring his A game. Has worked well for me, all but once.