How Major Crimes' Actor and Gay Showrunner Created One of Best Gay Characters on TV

Avalon
This topic is 2322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I love Major Crimes. A lot of fans of The Closer, of which it is a spin-off, didn't like Rusty, but I do, largely for the reasons given.

It took Rusty a long time to acknowledge he was gay. He always viewed hustling as his decision instead of something imposed upon him when he was abandoned. I've wondered if it took him longer to acknowledge his sexuality because sex work was the only option he had to survive.

• 2 months later...

I was a Rusty fan. I was sorry the show ended. But it turned out well for him; he and Gus are together. And he is going to become an attorney and work for the DA and put the bad guys away.

I remember early in the series everyone assumed he was gay. But then he brought a person into the office to help with homework and it was a girl Chris. That threw people off for a little while. ;-)))