Law & Order, The Menendez Murders

jjkrkwood
This topic is 2372 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it interesting that in the recent episode of the ABC sitcom "American Housewife" that the two oldest children reminded their parents that they had watched the show about the Menedez brothers which aired on NBC. One network referencing a program that was on another network.

Well it's over. I do believe that they were sexually abused. However them killing their parents when they did was wrong. There was no immediate danger. They did not kill them in actual self defense.

I disagree, but it was interesting the long history of abuse on Both parents sides.... Kitty & Jose.... But that only was made known after the trial, OR was inadmissable evidence. If you really consider what those boys endured for all those years, the emotional and physical PAIN and suffering, its hard to think THEY BELIEVED there was any other alternative. IMO the "penalty" was "unjust"....

I disagree, but it was interesting the long history of abuse on Both parents sides.... Kitty & Jose.... But that only was made known after the trial, OR was inadmissable evidence. If you really consider what those boys endured for all those years, the emotional and physical PAIN and suffering, its hard to think THEY BELIEVED there was any other alternative. IMO the "penalty" was "unjust"....

I suppose I'd have "to wall a mile in their shoes" to truly understand.

Well it's over. I do believe that they were sexually abused. However them killing their parents when they did was wrong. There was no immediate danger. They did not kill them in actual self defense.

I think that was their defense. They had an unreasonable but sincerely held belief that their lives were in immediate danger. From the outside looking in it may have been that their parents posed no immediate threat, however based on their past life experience they held that sincere belief. And, according to the film, at least one juror would not have voted to convict had they been allowed to hear some of the evidence regarding their home life that had been excluded.

I think that was their defense. They had an unreasonable but sincerely held belief that their lives were in immediate danger. From the outside looking in it may have been that their parents posed no immediate threat, however based on their past life experience they held that sincere belief. And, according to the film, at least one juror would not have voted to convict had they been allowed to hear some of the evidence regarding their home life that had been excluded.

Based on the TV show alone, it seemed as though the entire trial had political motivations, and was railroaded toward a Conviction ? It was made clear the judge had some beef with Leslie Abrahmson, probably because she was a strong and outspoken woman.