When the storms have settled in Ft. Lauderdale

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 2360 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hasn't anyone heard anything yet?

I haven't been out, but a large percentage of the business that are west of Federal Hwy have lights but no A/C. FPL has said that in many areas there is power enough in the grid to run lights but not enough to power A/C units. I might go out next week. I will report then...

Talked to my cousin and she got her power back on late Thursday.

I had wanted to go to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale this winter but not sure of the condition of the businesses to accomodate outsiders.

FPL (Florida power and light) will have the grid close to full capacity by the weekend. Several friends and businesses have power, but there isn't enough power in the grid to run many A/C's, but it is getting better everyday. Very few of the businesses in FTL suffered any long term damage. I would imagine that everyone will be at a 100% by this winter. Come on down the weather will be fine...I have not been to Miami.

Edited by bigvalboy

I was thinking about going to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale this fall as well.... Was wondering which city would anyone recommend for the strip clubs and other fun? Where are the gay areas in those two cities? Any good hotels?

I'm partial to Fort Lauderdale. Less traffic, less attitude, less drama.

Wilton Manors is the gay area.

Leboy: for more the twink type, but some gorgeous muscled hybrids can be found on any given night.

The Boardwalk: Hands down for the muscle boys. Was there last Friday and they had a rather amazing line up...most were very friendly, fantastic ripped bodies and no attitude. I was pleasantly surprised.

Johnsons: Located in the heart of Wilton Manors. It's all new and a nice format reminiscent of Swinging Richards. He's working on the line up, but promising. Bartenders pour a solid drink that are half the price and twice the size of anything on The Drive. Staff is friendly, and an owner that is very visible and involved in the daily operation of the bar.

Southern Nights, Hunters: Has go go boys, but no strippers, meaning no VIP or back rooms.

Hotels: Depending on your price point...Plenty of decent Gay B&B's in North Beach, but I'm partial to the W or the Hilton on the beach. Prices are often competitive with the B&B's and they have consistent service. I personally like the Beach area for hotels. More traffic and congestion, but very walk-able and lots of eye candy. Sebastian's (the gay beach) is right across the street. Friends recommend The Hyatt at 17th St Causeway. You always can find good prices but the run to Wilton Manors is a little farther...Good luck.

On a side note...I don't do Miami. :eek:

Edited by bigvalboy

Hey MassageAdam! You can always count on BVB for good advice about Ft. Lauderdale, and I agree with him. Much more choice of strip clubs in Lauderdale and it is easier to get around as well if you have a car. I like the gay B&B's that he mentions. Google "gay resorts in Ft. Lauderdale" and you will come up with a lot near the beach area.

I was thinking about going to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale this fall as well.... Was wondering which city would anyone recommend for the strip clubs and other fun? Where are the gay areas in those two cities? Any good hotels?

No question that Fort Lauderdale has more strip clubs and a more vibrant gay scene than Miami. Lauderdale is also more "American"....meaning more English is spoken versus in Miami. Having said that, I do like the vibe in Miami. It is more exotic and more Latino and more sensual. I speak fluent Spanish....so I love consuming endless bottles of Veuve with hunky Latino strippers at Twist and speaking nothing but Spanish the whole night. I also love doing the SOBE/Coral Gables restaurant scene....which I feel is better than the Ft. Lauderdale restaurant scene. Different strokes for different folks. There really isn't a "right" answer here. It depends on how you are wired and what you like. Enjoy!!

No question that Fort Lauderdale has more strip clubs and a more vibrant gay scene than Miami. Lauderdale is also more "American"....meaning more English is spoken versus in Miami. Having said that, I do like the vibe in Miami. It is more exotic and more Latino and more sensual. I speak fluent Spanish....so I love consuming endless bottles of Veuve with hunky Latino strippers at Twist and speaking nothing but Spanish the whole night. I also love doing the SOBE/Coral Gables restaurant scene....which I feel is better than the Ft. Lauderdale restaurant scene. Different strokes for different folks. There really isn't a "right" answer here. It depends on how you are wired and what you like. Enjoy!!

I do love me some hot Latino men... they are my favorite!

• 2 months later...