First them and then what's next?

N13
This topic is 2467 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

United States Secretary of Defense James Mattis is putting a freeze on the policy, and will allow trans soldiers to continue serving until further orders.

Matts said in a statement:

"Once the panel reports its recommendations and following my consultation with the secretary of Homeland Security, I will provide my advice to the president concerning implementation of his policy direction… In the interim, current policy with respect to currently serving members will remain in place."

A breath of sanity!

United States Secretary of Defense James Mattis is putting a freeze on the policy, and will allow trans soldiers to continue serving until further orders.

Matts said in a statement:

"Once the panel reports its recommendations and following my consultation with the secretary of Homeland Security, I will provide my advice to the president concerning implementation of his policy direction… In the interim, current policy with respect to currently serving members will remain in place."

A breath of sanity!

Still doesn't end the ban, just doesn't apply it to those currently serving. It would be inequitable to kick them out when they were previously encouraged to identify themselves preparatory to full integration. I hope that the Secretary of Defense, whomever that may be, comes to that conclusion.

Archived