Tom Wopat arrested for indecent assault/drugs

bostonman
This topic is 2454 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know if people had heard about this yet. I used to work at this theatre, and I know people involved with this particular production. I'm really disgusted by this, and yet, pleased that the show is going on, with another actor in the lead. I don't know the specific actress(es) who were involved, but I'm so relieved that they spoke up.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/dukes-of-hazzard-star-arrested-for-indecent-assault-and-battery-in-waltham-tmz-reports/11290482

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/08/dukes_of_hazzard_star_tom_wopat_blocked_from_performing_in_waltham_due

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/08/03/dukes-hazard-actor-arrested-waltham/EZVqT8G3b9lMRLFg1v2EwJ/story.html

I don't know if people had heard about this yet. I used to work at this theatre, and I know people involved with this particular production. I'm really disgusted by this, and yet, pleased that the show is going on, with another actor in the lead. I don't know the specific actress(es) who were involved, but I'm so relieved that they spoke up.

I know Waltham well because my beloved great aunt lived there

Glad to know about the theater. Do not live in Massachusetts anymore, but agree with everything @bostonman wrote.

I know Waltham well because my beloved great aunt lived there

Glad to know about the theater. Do not live in Massachusetts anymore, but agree with everything @bostonman wrote.

I went to Brandeis, so I learned about the theatre from living in the area. It developed in the late 60's as a summerstock-ish community theatre group, based then as now in the large Watham High School auditorium, but by the late 80's (just as I started working as an accompanist there, after college), they had started inviting NYC guest artists in as well. Often a director or choreographer identified with the Broadway production of the show, who could recreate the original staging - or someone who had performed the show in NYC or on tour, etc. Not always big names, though occasionally so. But often, the "gimmick" has been that the audience is seeing a near-replica of the Broadway production. And, that they strive to use as full an orchestra as possible in their rather cramped pit, lol - but they still do manage to use bigger orchestras than just about any other area regional theatre. Mostly, they stick to the tried-and-true classics - that's what their mostly older, conservative audience base enjoys. Which is fine, but attempts to branch out to other material usually fails, which is a shame.

I worked there for a few summers, and also was involved with their youth theatre program. Haven't worked there really since 1991, though I did do a friend a favor last summer and subbed in on keyboard for one performance of Crazy For You, lol. Ironically, the first show I worked on there was the same show they're doing now - 42nd Street.

Archived