Odd.....?

LaffingBear
This topic is 2532 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What would you make of this......?

I saw a masseur. Fantastic, better than expected.

(Wrote about it previously.... when I showed him the forums, he was uncomfortable about it.)

3 weeks ago, he told me he'll be on vacation until next week.

When his masseurfinder ad stopped showing in search, I assumed it was some form of vacation setup. I can still link directly to his ad. But then, the pictures disappeared. And now, same ad, same "screenname", but different stats. 2 yrs older, 1" taller, 25 lbs heavier......his personal description/message is now blank, as are rates and other details.

I am planning to contact him when he said he'd be back. Not reachable before. Ive chosen to defer other action, because I prefer to find and stick with a regular. That was challenging, as Pride swells the volume of available rentguys.

But now Im wondering...the ad changes are inexplicable. Odd. Makes me consider that he is leaving the biz, deleted some info, and changed other for misdirection until the ad itself expires.

Thoughts on weird changes to his ad?

This is a business that relies heavily on one's looks at least from the provders' perspective. Keeping your ad updated should be as important as booking clients. Otherwise, it warrants an unfavorable review from clients that feel a little less than satisfied. I hired a masseur once and he looked good from his ad but, in reality, it appeared that he hasn't been to the gym in a while. Is it false advertising? Ah, yeah. I didn't write a review for him but it would be hard to ignore a request for a 411 on him via PM.

Either someone hacked his ad, which is unlikely, or he's now being brutally honest about his current stats. Too bad everyone can't do the same, but then if the business world were brutally honest, we'd all be still living in caves without Wi-Fi.

Ive met him. Up close and personal. Cant discern age difference, but Id say his original height & weight were accurate.

What would you make of this......?

I saw a masseur. Fantastic, better than expected.

(Wrote about it previously.... when I showed him the forums, he was uncomfortable about it.)

3 weeks ago, he told me he'll be on vacation until next week.

When his masseurfinder ad stopped showing in search, I assumed it was some form of vacation setup. I can still link directly to his ad. But then, the pictures disappeared. And now, same ad, same "screenname", but different stats. 2 yrs older, 1" taller, 25 lbs heavier......his personal description/message is now blank, as are rates and other details.

I am planning to contact him when he said he'd be back. Not reachable before. Ive chosen to defer other action, because I prefer to find and stick with a regular. That was challenging, as Pride swells the volume of available rentguys.

But now Im wondering...the ad changes are inexplicable. Odd. Makes me consider that he is leaving the biz, deleted some info, and changed other for misdirection until the ad itself expires.

Thoughts on weird changes to his ad?

@LaffingBear , it is very, very weird. So difficult to wrap my head around what you describe that I will not even try. Masseurs can cancel their ads at any time and they will be off the system. They do not need to let their ads "expire." I heard what you said about how much you liked this masseur, but I would move on. From everything you describe this masseur seems like alot of drama. There are tons of masseurs to choose from who are straight up and ready to go without the baggage of this guy you are describing. There are ALOT of fish in the sea of masseurs to choose from.....my advice is to drop him and move on! :)

@LaffingBear , it is very, very weird. So difficult to wrap my head around what you describe that I will not even try. Masseurs can cancel their ads at any time and they will be off the system. They do not need to let their ads "expire." I heard what you said about how much you liked this masseur, but I would move on. From everything you describe this masseur seems like alot of drama. There are tons of masseurs to choose from who are straight up and ready to go without the baggage of this guy you are describing. There are ALOT of fish in the sea of masseurs to choose from.....my advice is to drop him and move on! :)

Thats probably good advice.

He was anything but drama when we met. In fact, he was sort of shy, very reserved.

My gut tells me hes decided to leave the biz. Disappointing, because guys willing to do outcalls to suburbia are rare.

...the ad changes are inexplicable. Odd. Makes me consider that he is leaving the biz, deleted some info, and changed other for misdirection until the ad itself expires.

I suspect this might be the case.

I don’t think I can find individual links that would would support this. But my recollection of various forum discussions, for those who want to sweep their tracks as they leave the business, is to have a plan. The idea should be to purge the cloud archives to the maximum extent possible.

Don’t just let the ad expire. It will just do the typical M4RN and Hourboy thing. Contact info will go away. But the photos and writeup will stay around.

Instead (and this will take a couple of months)

1. Leave the ad up but modify it over a period of time. Don’t change all the pictures at once. But the end result should be ad pictures without any face shots in them and a write up that's pretty sterile without any useful contact info (maybe throwaway email and phone numbers). Wait awhile then:

2. Move the ad to a new market. Preferably a big market. Make a couple more minor ad mods.

3. All this time you’re giving the cloud robots time to update the old ads with the new ad info. Over time the sterilized versions will bury the original deeper.

4. Don’t just let the ad expire. Cancel the ad while it’s still active. Much better chance that way of it being removed from the paid ad sites.

Archived