Brooklyn

joel304
This topic is 6935 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It looks like I'm relocating to NYC in October. I am a native New Yawker, but have never lived in Brooklyn. I've heard great things about certain areas, and the rents are far less than Manhattan.

So, Park Slope and Williamsburg are standing out. Any comments on these areas or suggestions otherwise? Thanks.

Guest ChgoBoy

>It looks like I'm relocating to NYC in October. I am a

>native New Yawker, but have never lived in Brooklyn. I've

>heard great things about certain areas, and the rents are far

>less than Manhattan.

>

>So, Park Slope and Williamsburg are standing out. Any

>comments on these areas or suggestions otherwise? Thanks.

Im upset that the prison did not notify me of your release

:o :o :o :o

IMHO.Bklyn Heights,Cobble Hill..Carroll Gardens(Red Hook)Park Slope Nice neighborhoods..Williamsburg can be a little "Dicey".. Apparently the "Struggling Artists" who brought that neighborhood UP, are now being priced out of it! If your Renting, expect $1600 for a 1 bdrm Rent Wise..Many Buildings going Co-Op..The cost of Living is cheaper in Bklyn,than Manhattan. All these Neighborhoods, are about 25 mins from Midtown, on a "good" Subway Day! LOL :+

JT,

Is $1600 in Park Slope and the other neighborhoods going to secure a decent 1 bedroom, or just avoid the rats? Also, out of the neighborhoods that you mentioned, which would you say is the best for proximity to Manhattan and quality of neighborhood? Also, it seems like a lot of nice aparments and lofts are pricing well in Williamsburg. Too good to be true? Too dicey? Thanks for the info.

Joel

Guest Jesse Dane

Check out Greenpoint and Fort Greene. I've lived in both neighborhoods in the past and was extremely happy with them. Good luck with your move!

Watch out for Redhook, at least for now. I went with a friend who had his car towed and I was not inpressed. The cab driver who took up said if anything happened (i.e. flat tire, we got lost) to just keep driving until we saw a cop or the Hudson!

Have you checked in downtown Manhattan? I hear there are amazing deals to be had since everyone left following 9/11.

Of course, there's always Craig's List.

Some..Downtown Manhattan Deals are Great, EXCEPT for the fact, that after Office Hours, the AREA Closes Up for the Night! You will Travel 6 Blocks for a Container of Milk for your Cafe! At a Very High Price... "Summer" is a little more interesting.. If your into "Tourist Watching"!..The "Financial District" has never been considered a Neighborhood.."Real Estate Speculators" were trying it, BUT 911 Cancelled that idea forever! So they all moved to "Good Ole Brooklyn"! "Ain't we Lucky in Bklyn"..LOL

Archived