iPhone Touch ID problems

WmClarke
This topic is 2566 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone have a iPhone that suddenly stopped recognizing fingerprints?

I followed an online suggestion of deleting the currently stored fingerprint and re-adding. But, of course, the phone won't even set up a new fingerprint.

Ugh.

Now I have some apps I can't use because I can't authenticate any more.

Double ugh.

Any suggestions?

Now I have some apps I can't use because I can't authenticate any more.

Double ugh.

Any suggestions?

If your thumbprint home button is not reading your thumbprint, simply go into your settings and turn that function off and all of your apps will work with a manual login without it.

Settings > Touch ID & Passcode

Next, make sure that "Turn Passcode On/Off" is set to "Off"

Switch iPhone Unlock, Apple Pay, or iTunes and App Store to Off.

If your thumbprint home button is not reading your thumbprint, simply go into your settings and turn that function off and all of your apps will work with a manual login without it.

Settings > Touch ID & Passcode

Next, make sure that "Turn Passcode On/Off" is set to "Off"

Switch iPhone Unlock, Apple Pay, or iTunes and App Store to Off.

Thanks! Good to know for the future.

Sorry to hear that. I switched from my Android phone to an iPhone and I'm regretting every minute of that decision.

I have tried to embrace the droid. For years. Almost switched my personal phone to droid last year. But I just find the iPhone easier to use.

For example, this morning I was typing on a droid. There was no "return" (or "new line") key on the keyboard. An app that has a very visible "return" key on my iPhone had no such key on the droid version of the app. Inconceivable! I realize that's the app's fault. But if droid would make all apps use standard keyboard it wouldn't be a problem.

Now if only @WmClarke 's iPhone could talk. You know like that proverbial fly on the wall as the gods only know what went down in Chicago at IML over the weekend. Or perhaps it was all memorialized with some photos as well!? :eek: No wonder the poor phone went bonkers!

Now even worse, what must poor Siri think of all this!!!! Talk about the ol' girl getting some education!! She will certainly think twice next time she asks "What can I help you with!" :)

Now if only @WmClarke 's iPhone could talk. You know like that proverbial fly on the wall as the gods only know what went down in Chicago at IML over the weekend. Or perhaps it was all memorialized with some photos as well!? :eek: No wonder the poor phone went bonkers!

Now even worse, what must poor Siri think of all this!!!! Talk about the ol' girl getting some education!! She will certainly think twice next time she asks "What can I help you with!" :)

I heard Mr. Clarke was a pure virgin saint and quite the welcuming cummittee.

Hugs,

Greg

Archived