Fort Lauderdale accomodations near Boardwalk

SFViking
This topic is 6949 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know there have been a lot of questions (and answers) about Fort Lauderdale, but I can't tell from any of the threads I searched if any of the nicer gay accomodations are near the Boardwalk. Can anyone give me any pointers?

There are no public accommodations within the immediate vicinity of Boardwalk. The motels along Fed. Highway #1 mentioned in another post are 5 minutes away by car or cab; Doubletree Suites, Howard Johnson, Holiday Inn. Days Inn, and the inexpensive beach motels and luxury hotels are within 10 minutes. Use Mapquest or maps.yahoo.com and look at the map to see exact locations and distances and relationships. Remember: ENTERPRISE Car Rentals has weekend rate of $9.95/day for a 3 day rental if you rent off-airport; they will pick you up at your hotel and return you at the end. With all taxes, it is only about $40 for the three day weekend, Friday morning to Monday morning. Also remember: Thursday night is Towel Night at Boardwalk. All the guys wear nothing but a short white terry towel after 10:00 p.m. Usually especially fun.

Guest zipperzone

>Also remember: Thursday night is Towel

>Night at Boardwalk. All the guys wear nothing but a short

>white terry towel after 10:00 p.m. Usually especially fun.

Now your talkin' about the staff/entertainers, right? Or were you also including the patrons?

Towel Night

Mostly dancers on the nights I have been there. They all spend some time dancing on top of the bar. So if you have ever wondered what guys wear under their skirts/towels, just look up and check it/them out.

Thanks Karl; I plan on having a rental car, but I don't like driving and wanted to be as close as possible. I want to make reservations tomorrow and doing a mapquest search, one by one, on the gay hotels/ B*B's listed in the Damron Guide to find which ones are the closest to the Boardwalk will take me most of the morning; I was hoping some of the folks on this board who've visited Fort Lauderdale in the past might have noted some of the gay accomodations on their way to/from the Boardwalk and thought, "gee, I wished I'd stayed THERE."

I'll be driving in Thursday, so I'll be sure to try to get in to check out the towel night :)

SF Viking

Archived