King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Chuckball
This topic is 2558 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This newly released Warner Bros. movie features Charlie Hunnan and Jude Law. Law plays an evil ruler who aligns himself with a foreign power to seize the castle. However, the Resistance prevails despite the fact the usurping head of state sacrifices his staff and loving daughter to hold power. How could anyone devise such a plot line?

I found it to be a very disappointing film...lots of battle action, very poor script. Even with the "sex on two legs" Charlie Hunnam as Arthur:

19494f11b7b1f42d5d95be1da8926a49.jpg

...and the still very much dilf-ish Jude Law as the "bad guy"

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/jude-law.jpg?w=680

who literally sacrifices his wife first, and then his daughter to obtain "ultimate power" through supernatural forces, this poorly scripted Sword in Stone attempt is unfortunately all over the place! :eek::eek::eek:

Having always liked Jude Law's hotness and acting ability and having followed Charlie Hunnam's quite impressive career since he first played the underage 16 year-old Nathan (Hunnam was actually 18 at the time in 1999) falling in love with the older Stuart in the original British "Queer as Folk", I can only say that this film was a great disappointment for me, personally.

TruHart1 :cool:

My "review" was an attempt at sarcasm. I left the movie seeing it as an allegory for current American politics ( although I am sure it was filmed prior to the last election.)

LOL...I see what you were going for @Chuckball! Unfortunately, for me, I have always loved Arthurian legend and hope for the best when a new film is released like this, especially with a couple of talented, highly attractive men in the leads.

It appears the film is failing completely at the box office, too:

http://highlighthollywood.com/2017/05/box-office-bomb-175m-production-king-arthur-crawling-across-opening-weekend-finish-line-toward-14m/

TruHart1 :cool:

The young Jude Law had a brief nude scene in the 1995 Broadway play "Indiscretions." He was naked in a bathtub and jumped out of the tub to dry off with a towel. Kathleen Turner played his mother.

It was not a very good play, so I bought a ticket just to see Jude's brief nude scene. Tickets to Broadway shows were cheaper then.:)

Archived