Thailand Info - hotels, clubs, massage, and more

Zephyr
This topic is 2559 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys!

Planning my first trip to Thailand this fall, and could really use some helpful info. I am located in Dubai, and will be traveling solo. Any information that any one could share on Bangkok and Phuket would be much appreciated.

As someone who has strong ties to the country, I am very happy to help you but it might be better for all if you share just a little more about the nature of the information you are looking for! (And may I boldly ask upfront why Phuket, in particular?)

I had great times in Bangkok but even more so in Pattaya. Visited 2-3 times a year when I was living in Hong Kong. But that was 20 years ago so my information is hopelessly outdated.

Are you looking for men or for 'kathoey' a.k.a. 'lady boy'?

The Thais are fun-loving and accepting people. A key concept of Thai life is 'sanuk', which means to have a good time, to have fun, to enjoy oneself and to derive pleasure and joy from something. It is almost a rule of living for Thai people that whatever they do, it has to be sanuk.

You will have a good time, I am sure of that.

Many Thais have a youthful appearance. The one thing you should be very careful about is not to play with boys below the legal age limit ... there is an element of organized crime there that employs minors as prostitutes. The pimps pay off the mostly corrupt police. But if you get caught, you WILL do jail time. As you should.

Are you confusing gaythailand.com with boytoy.com. Asia section.

Boytoy gets very few posts and does lack current info.

Gaythailand has lots of everyday posting with up to date info.

... could be.... these sites come and go.... dreadedned.... utopia-asia.... sawasdee.....and so on

But the best information remains the "insider advice" from those of us who have everyday experience of living there!

That's why gaythailand.com has been great till till minor troll takeover recently. Now most of the regulars just talk thru pm.

I live in Bangkok 6-8 months a year so I have a decent idea of what's going on. It is a city that has so much going on everybody has different things to do to keep them busy. My bf and I have a great little circle of friends and just seems strange when somebody that's been to a Thailand once or twice a couple years ago tells us we don't have a clue. Just don't get it.

Anyway the site is a bit annoying now, but if the OP to this thread goes there and asks very specific questions he will get good and immediate info. Still a few good guys posting there

Archived