Just Wanted to Vent

buckyball
This topic is 6959 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Howdy y'all. I am a longtime lurker but this is my second post (the censors got a hold of my first one and summarily chopped it off)Forgive me if this gets too long. Anyway, I occasionally get on the Manhunt site to look for friends, tennis hitting partners, and other things. Well, this college kid starts chatting with me and we exchange pics and talk for a bit. I tell him that he is too young for me and that I like guys close to my age (he is 21 I am 35) but we could chat. Apparently he wanted an immediate hook-up but I am not really into that. He is a student at a local university and I told him that I am a professor at a university and that I teach his major (he is at a different school). Anyway, he looks me up and next thing I know I get a message from him at work (stupid me). Then he keeps e-mailing me at the manhunt site which I visit about once every 2 or 3 weeks. There were several e-mails in my box and each one was getting more vicious (since the previous ones were unanswered). So I block him. Obviously this really ticked me off. I logged on today and some really cute 30 year old guy IM's me so I respond. Then he goes on to ask me why I have been ignoring his buddy (I figured right away that it was probably him using a fake pic and a new profile so I played along). Long story short, the guy starts spewing such vitriol and some really racist remarks (I am of mixed ethnic origins)and says I was rude to block him, yada yada yada. Obviously, I was a bit hurt (racist stuff will always get to me) but more than that I was very very shocked. For pete's sake, we only chatted that once really. He was cute too. Anyway, my last word to him was as follows:" I really feel sory for you. You really need to seek professional help for whatever it is that is making you miserable. Good luck to you." To which he responds with more hate and racist epithets. Oh well just had to vent. I must attract that kind of person. I had 2 males stalkers when I was in grad school and two female "stalkers" (not really stalkers per se, but really really agressive with the gift giving, messages, etc) since I have been teaching at this university.

Sorry guys but just had to get that off my chest. Anyone with similar experiences?

Howdy y'all. I am a longtime lurker but this is my second post (the censors got a hold of my first one and summarily chopped it off)Forgive me if this gets too long. Anyway, I occasionally get on the Manhunt site to look for friends, tennis hitting partners, and other things. Well, this college kid starts chatting with me and we exchange pics and talk for a bit. I tell him that he is too young for me and that I like guys close to my age (he is 21 I am 35) but we could chat. Apparently he wanted an immediate hook-up but I am not really into that. He is a student at a local university and I told him that I am a professor at a university and that I teach his major (he is at a different school). Anyway, he looks me up and next thing I know I get a message from him at work (stupid me). Then he keeps e-mailing me at the manhunt site which I visit about once every 2 or 3 weeks. There were several e-mails in my box and each one was getting more vicious (since the previous ones were unanswered). So I block him. Obviously this really ticked me off. I logged on today and some really cute 30 year old guy IM's me so I respond. Then he goes on to ask me why I have been ignoring his buddy (I figured right away that it was probably him using a fake pic and a new profile so I played along). Long story short, the guy starts spewing such vitriol and some really racist remarks (I am of mixed ethnic origins)and says I was rude to block him, yada yada yada. Obviously, I was a bit hurt (racist stuff will always get to me) but more than that I was very very shocked. For pete's sake, we only chatted that once really. He was cute too. Anyway, my last word to him was as follows:" I really feel sory for you. You really need to seek professional help for whatever it is that is making you miserable. Good luck to you." To which he responds with more hate and racist epithets. Oh well just had to vent. I must attract that kind of person. I had 2 males stalkers when I was in grad school and two female "stalkers" (not really stalkers per se, but really really agressive with the gift giving, messages, etc) since I have been teaching at this university.

Sorry guys but just had to get that off my chest. Anyone with similar experiences?

Never had an email stalker, just one by phone. A homeless person who visited our church and why I gave him my number, I can't recall. After a phone call of way too much misdirected ranting from him, I hung up on him and unplugged my phone for a while (half a day?). He seemed to drift away, thank gawd.

Sounds like you're already treating him like I did, as someone not well enough to associate yourself with him. I hope it works for you.

And by the way, welcome to the boards!

Archived