Anna Netrebko in Australia

sydneyboy
This topic is 2566 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It has just been announced that Anna Netrebko will visit Australia in October, concerts in Sydney and Melbourne with her tenor husband Yusif Eyazov. I must embarrassingly admit that he is new to me. I have googled him and he is making a name for himself in some of the leading houses. Being married to her would not do his career any harm. She is following hot on the heels of (in no specific order) Renee Fleming, Angela Gheorghiu, Roberto Alagna and Jonas Kaufmann, the latter returning in September for ''Parsifal''. I might add Ms Netrebko is a superstar and they are charging superstar prices.

My great unfulfilled wish is Juan Diego Florez. I can still hope and dream.

I recently read a review of the DG recording of Puccini's Manon Lescaut with Anna and hubby from last year's Salzburg Festival. She got a good review, he was mentioned as being fine dramatically but vocally problematic producing sounds that were "unappealing- pressured above, hoarse below". My guess is that he is not worthy of superstar pricing, but is currently part of the package. However, I have never actually heard him so I dare not comment any further!

Archived