Soprano Mariella Devia-Le Tre Regine

whipped guy
This topic is 2642 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Soprano Mariella Devia has always been one of my favorite artists. I only heard her live once as Konstanze in Mozart's The Abduction from the Seraglio many years ago at the MET. She turns 69 in a a few weeks and a year ago at age 67 gave this semi-staged concert of the final scenes from Donizetti's so-called English Queen Trilogy. Each final scene is preceded by the overture to the opera. A very nice idea, but also a tribute to an artist who has paced her career and stayed in a Fach that has been healthy for her voice. Plus, it is indeed amazing just how much voice she still has! If anything the voice has grown in size over the many years and is now dramatic enough to really do justice to all three very different characters of Anne Boleyn, Mary Stuart, and Elizabeth I. Indeed, many a younger soprano who has tackled these three roles pales in comparison.

Bravissima!

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x5bz8l4[/MEDIA]

Archived