Montreal - 2 travel tips

newatthis
This topic is 7028 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1. The ATM machine on the arrivals level of Trudeau airport (as you leave towards the taxis) charges a CAD$1.75 fee and has a limit of CAD$400. Upstairs at departures there is an ATM near the elevators with no fee and a limit of CAD$500.

2. L'Aérobus, the airport shuttle service, now services several downtown hotels (including the Delta Montreal) directly -- you don't need to transfer to a smaller bus at the downtown terminal. The one-way charge is CAD$13, considerably less than a taxi (CAD$31). Schedules can be seen at [http://www.admtl.com/admmaintext.jsp?idbin=211B00].

Thanks, new, for this information. I'm not heading to Canada anytime soon, but its good to know that this info is here if and when I need to retrieve it. Keep up the postings; its the mundane stuff that really intrigues us, by the way; Fodor's and Frommers have just not totally gotten the point yet.

Perhaps you can help do for Canada what TotallyOz, Trilingual and Drey have done for South America. Perhaps other Canadian residents and/or tourists will add to your posting(s).

The South American posters (as mentioned above) have done us a great service and have provided information that it would otherwise take an extraordinary effort to find out. Not only are their exploits enviable, but their value to us, as current or potential visitors, is without equal.

I'm glad to see that maybe we have this in Canada. London anyone? or other areas in Europe?

Regards,

hd NYC

Archived