Sir John Vincent Hurt 1940 – 2017

marylander1940
This topic is 2669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw Hurt on stage in London and was captivated by his talent and mastery of his craft. He earned his knighthood. I wish the US had a similar title to honor the life's work of our great artists. Sir John Vincent Hurt will always be acknowledged as a giant in his field, just as he should be. How does Sir Paul Newman, or Lady Elizabeth Taylor sound? Ah well, we have our memories.

Elizabeth Taylor may not have been entitled to style herself as Lady, but she was in fact Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor DBE. The Queen made her a Dame, and since she was born in the UK and had dual citizenship she was able to style herself Dame Elizabeth. She was made a Dame Commander of the British Empire in 2000.

I saw Hurt on stage in London and was captivated by his talent and mastery of his craft. He earned his knighthood. I wish the US had a similar title to honor the life's work of our great artists. Sir John Vincent Hurt will always be acknowledged as a giant in his field, just as he should be. How does Sir Paul Newman, or Lady Elizabeth Taylor sound? Ah well, we have our memories.

Hewas such a fine actor. I first became acquainted with him in his fabulous portrayal of Quentin Crisp in The Naked Civil Servant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELs1am-2FYw

I, too, first saw him in The Naked Civil Servant. Right after I realized I was gay. (Tangent: ran into Quentin Crisp on the streets of NYC once.) Then Alien, then The Elephant Man. What a great actor. :(

Elizabeth Taylor may not have been entitled to style herself as Lady, but she was in fact Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor DBE. The Queen made her a Dame, and since she was born in the UK and had dual citizenship she was able to style herself Dame Elizabeth. She was made a Dame Commander of the British Empire in 2000.

I had forgotten that! Thanks for the reminder. What a Dame!

Archived