Thai massage...in Thailand?

RubMyThighs
This topic is 2279 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Heading to Southeast Asia for the holidays and curious about massages in Thailand. Will only be in Bangkok (ahem) and Chiang Mai. While I'm not usually one to go for slim men -- I tend to like them muscular and masculine -- when in Rome, as it were. Wondering if anyone has experience and recommendations of where to get a hot Thai rubdown. Thanks. (We'll also be in Laos and Cambodia, if you know of options there as well.)

There are a couple massage parlors for gay men in both Cambodia and Thailand. All of the men stand in a line (like meat) and you pick who you want to massage you. The generally cost $10-$15. They will up sell you for the happy ending another $10...

Just google gay massage and the city and you will find a few places.

Be sure to visit the Tawan Bar in Bangkok. It's all muscle men showing off. Just like all the go-go bars I've been to in Bangkok, you can select your favorite and take him away with you, if he agrees. You must pay the bar an "off fee," around 400 baht, and then pay the boy when you're done. (All are over 18, many in their 20's.) Boy shopping--it's great fun! You can go from one bar to another, but this one really has the muscle guys:

http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/2011/02/23/muscle-worship-tawan/

Have a great trip.

For sure lots of probably better intel over at the various Gay Thailand forums. In addition to the one mentioned there is also http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forum.php

Bangkok has many male massage places. Some have the line up mentioned above, some don't. Some have more muscular guys, some have a variety. Chiang Mai has a couple of m4m massage places, but the scene is much smaller there than Bangkok or Pattaya.

I agree the prices are generally higher than mentioned above. You'll pay the massage shop around $20 and tip your masseur in the $30 range depending on exactly what they do for you.

There's also travelgayasia.com and utopia-asia.com

http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand/ has some useful info too but some of it is outdated.

You won't find the same sorts of places in Laos or Cambodia. There are a couple of small m4m massage places in Siem Reap. Laos does not have anything like this that I am aware of.

It's my favorite part of the world. Great hospitality. Interesting culture.

i have lived in thailand for several years - long enough to have been able to achieve some mastery of their language, indeed. happy to give some specific guidance, advice, warnings...

but let me put one thing out there for now: many/most(?) of the gentleman working in massage places very much see it as their job.... something they do for a few hours every day in order to earn cash to maintain their families either in bangkok or back in their village in other parts of the country. they are generally very wonderful and welcoming people, but deserve respect that many visitors to their country withhold.

let me also add, and this may sound strange, that again as a whole they are very shy and conservative in their attitudes towards intimate contact. let me leave it at that.

• 1 year later...

Thailand offers great foot massages at 200 Baht, and private oil massage at 300 baht. There are literally thousands of spas in Bangkok, some offer special services. My straight buddy was offered special services (but declined). The trick is finding male on male places with friendly staff. You may need to visit the same spa twice with the same masseur before services are offered.

The gay bar scene is wonderful, but be careful too many fraudsters, ladyboys, and pickpockets.

In Siem Reap, Cambodia, try the Mens Spa (off Men Road), though both of my masseurs were straight, though the HE was fantastic, no mutual touching allowed. The massage was great and dirt cheap $28 for 90 minutes (I tipped $20). The country uses American Dollars (so bring at least 100 singles for general use).