Hairspray Live

actor61
This topic is 2711 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL ok. I mean, I've heard others say they thought Link was too gay. I'm not sure I agree that was the issue. But instead of Seaweed, had you said one of the other boys in the TV show, or Corny, I might have bought that, lol.

am speaking as someone indirectly involved in the show........that's all I am saying for now!

am speaking as someone indirectly involved in the show........that's all I am saying for now!

If you're talking about the actor's interest in another actor, no comment, and I'm not sure we should be even going there. I'm just saying I didn't observe that in the portrayal of the character.

If you're talking about the actor's interest in another actor, no comment, and I'm not sure we should be even going there. I'm just saying I didn't observe that in the portrayal of the character.

Perhaps it is just projection and wishful thinking. I didnt get that he was GAY, just a pretty boy with a Gay sensibility. Kinda "metro" as todays peeps would say. I did enjoy all his shiny, tight, colorful "sharkskin" suits.

Perhaps it is just projection and wishful thinking. I didnt get that he was GAY, just a pretty boy with a Gay sensibility. Kinda "metro" as todays peeps would say. I did enjoy all his shiny, tight, colorful "sharkskin" suits.

The sexiest Link ever was, of course, the original in the John Waters film with Rikki Lake on which the musical is based. That kid was gorgeous and had a quiet smoulder that was very seductive. He later starred in a short lived t.v. series about Elvis Presley but then kind of disappeared from view. Anybody know whatever happened to him?

The sexiest Link ever was, of course, the original in the John Waters film with Rikki Lake on which the musical is based. That kid was gorgeous and had a quiet smoulder that was very seductive. He later starred in a short lived t.v. series about Elvis Presley but then kind of disappeared from view. Anybody know whatever happened to him?

Info on Michael St. Gerard, according to this website:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50677/hairspray-where-are-they-now

"Although he had several roles after Hairspray (including four as Elvis) dreamy Link Larkin quit showbiz to become a youth pastor. As of 2011, he was working at Harlem Square Church in NYC."

Hmm...

No, I am saying that I am not the only one that made that observation based on the show, not the background info-if you look at twitter you will see lots of people made similar observations........ (I just had it corroborated)

No, I am saying that I am not the only one that made that observation based on the show, not the background info-if you look at twitter you will see lots of people made similar observations........ (I just had it corroborated)

When you said you were "indirectly involved" with the show, it sounded like you were insinuating something based on the actual actor's interaction. Now I'm not sure what you're saying. I think we should just let this go.

By the way, I understand that the reason Chenoweth didn't get her bow on camera at the end was due to some sort of "wardrobe malfunction." In which case, the cameras/directors caught that pretty damn quickly - bravo for them after all.

I still think the camerawork for the Von Tussle's "yes we can" moment in "You Can't Stop The Beat" was handled badly - I'm assuming that was NOT a costume issue.

Archived