Wow I went to Philadelphia One Day and It was OPEN as Hell!

Bearofdistinction
This topic is 2733 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The headline paraphrasing WC Fields old line -- "I went to Philadelphia One Day and It was Cloooooozed!"

A fellow poster made a negative comment about Philly in a thread seeking gentleman caller recommedations

in the City of Brotherly love - and I slammed him - he replied it was meant innocently and I believe him.

But it made me remember what a great city in which Philly is to live. My house a mere 10 blocks from the

historic district and 15 from the gayborhood would not exist in NYC/Boston/DC/ and if it did the land and parking alone would cost millions! Here is Philly a regular white-collar guy like me can buy and enjoy that kind of quality of life for no where near millions!

Take a look below and then - Y'all Come for a week/wknd/overnight/I am always happy to give recommendations - Philly is my home and I could not be happier! The poster asked - Do People Really Move to Philly?

My Response

Yes - But only smart ones - who want to live in a great walkable City with affordable housing - world class educational institutions/healthcare/Art Museums/Parks/City Mural and Sculpture Projects/Bike and Carshare Programs/Great Public Transit/The Nations First Library and Hospital and Post Office/Vibrant Waterfront/Active Gay Community/A Pro-Gay City Government which provides legal protections for employment-housing-public accommodation-transgender rights - that actively welcomes and promotes gay tourism- sponsor san international gay film festival and a theatre festival along with PrideFest the Nations largest LGBT Political-Educational-Cultural Symposium drawing visitors from around the world each spring - Home of the Nations first LGBT Protest pre-dating Stonewall and Honor s that with a National Historical Marker by the US park Service- And the Nations most award winning gay newspaper (PGN)/and being the Birthplace of America where you can walk dine and share where our founding father brought our country to life/ and that is just off the top of my head - the reasons I live in the City of Brotherly Love -- That along with all the Hot Kinky Men! And the great world class restaurants/gastropubs and brewing companies where you can meet them! Oh yeah and For you lesbians we have great sports teams!

One more thing that one of my peeps reminded me off -- Philly has one of the Nations first LGBT Friendly Senior Living Communities located right in the heart of the gayborhood - to take care of and honor those who came out and fought for equal rights when that meant you could not be a lawyer-a doctor- a federal employee-a teacher etc - Because Homosexuality was a crime and was considered a mental disease. (Google the John C. Anderson House)

Peace My Friend - Join us in Philly on New Years Day for America's oldest and wildest New Years Day Parade = The Mummers -- The Gayborhood is never more festive overflowing Str8t Guys in Drag pushing into gays bars right off the parade final blocks -- Definitely a night to party if you like Hot Burly Men -- The bars/baths/bookstores/bathroom are jammed all day and all night - Get Your History Straight and your Nighlife Gay!

Archived