If its over 8.....

RandyC
This topic is 2784 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Word's out that the major brands (the varied S's) have a crazy huge markup when sold either retail or even wholesale. SOOO all the millennials are flocking to new online sites such as Tuft&Needle, Casper and yes Saatva which provide high quality for half the price. In fact, I just ordered a new Saatva and awaiting it's arrival.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just discovered a new brand this week with e-commerce and floor placements around the country. It's made in Mississippi and is called SleepMade. Awesome product that has gel infused foam mattresses shipped directly to the home for about half to two-thirds less the price of a tempur or major S brand.

Although I'm not suggesting this is the case with any of the forum members, I wonder if the shorter life span of modern mattresses has anything to do with the increasingly heavy American public? I may very well be wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that the average American male now weighs 195 pounds whereas 30 years ago it was more like 165 pounds. And it isn't just mattresses, apparently cars now have to have bigger seats, which in turn require stronger seat belts and heavier bolts, thus increasing the average cost of a car by $500 odd dollars.

Although I'm not suggesting this is the case with any of the forum members, I wonder if the shorter life span of modern mattresses has anything to do with the increasingly heavy American public? I may very well be wrong, but I think I heard somewhere that the average American male now weighs 195 pounds whereas 30 years ago it was more like 165 pounds. And it isn't just mattresses, apparently cars now have to have bigger seats, which in turn require stronger seat belts and heavier bolts, thus increasing the average cost of a car by $500 odd dollars.

Guilty as charged. :( Although what if mattresses are wearing out sooner because we are having more sex?:p

Gman

Archived