Relaxation massage

lovycrop
This topic is 2822 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi, I am an eighteen-year-old from Canada and my vacation starts from next month. I have three weeks of fun. I am thinking of having a relaxation massage therapy from Toronto. My friend said that it will help to reduce the stress, and will make you refreshed so that I can have a good start for the next academic year. Has anybody over here undergone such treatment? Is it suitable for all ages? I am going to have a massage for the first time in my life, and I am really excited about it. Please give some genuine replies. Thanks in advance.

Maybe consider subjecting yourself to being a victim for a massage school student:

http://collegeofmassage.com/toronto/clinic/

Click on the price list on the left side for options. I would suggest starting with the Therapeutic Massage.

I’ve used similar massage school services. Although some have been much better than others I've never had a bad massage. Can’t beat the price. This would be an inexpensive way to find out what you enjoy.

Lovycrop, do you realize what this message forum is? How did you find it? You want a massage for the first time in your life, to reduce stress and to refresh you, and you ask HERE? I don't think that an 18 year-old needs a massage to prepare him for an academic year, and I think that you are putting us on. If this were April 1st, I'd know for sure, but.....

Yes, all of us "over here undergone such treatment," and yes, it's suitable for anyone over 18, which you claim to be. If you have more detailed questions, I'm sure you will find answers here!

If you’re new to massage using a massage therapy school is a great way to start. You will likely have a choice of male or female therapist. That really doesn’t matter though since this will be totally legitimate, professional massage. Your private areas will be covered. You should focus on the massage experience and what feels good to you.

Most larger cities have a massage therapy school(s).

Most massage therapy schools have a student practice clinic open to the general public.

Public massage clinics are usually inexpensive.

First visit you will likely have to fill out a medical questionnaire which will be kept on file.

You will likely be asked to complete an evaluation form on the student at the end of the session.

It’s a great way to experience various massage modularities. Not all schools offer all techniques.

- Swedish

- Asian (various types) Thai, Chinese, Shiatsu

- Deep tissue

- Relaxation

- Hot stone

- Aromatherapy

- Acupressure

- Others

You can expect a professional, clean environment using a massage table. Some facilities are very nice with individual private rooms. Others are less private, like shared hospital rooms with a movable screen or sheet between practice stations.

You can expect some level of actual knowledge by the therapist. The student is likely well into the classroom part of his training and is now working on technique. It’s not uncommon that the therapist has actually completed all the course requirements but is now just working to get the required number of “hands on” hours needed for certification.

A downside is that it’s unlikely you will ever have the same therapist. My experience has been that I never truly relax during my first therapist session. So, while I use school clinics, I also have my “go to” guy that’s my regular. With him I can really relax.

Archived