Two Boxers Accused Sexually Assauting Several Housekeepers At The Olympic Village

JayNY
This topic is 2853 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Two boxers (Namibian and Moroccan) have been arrested for sexually assaulting a couple of housekeepers at the Olympic village. The men are now being held in a maximum security prison awaiting rape trial next month.

What a dumb ass thing to do, if it turns out to be true (that’s a big if). This is simply an accusation right now. I’m not sure why these guys are being held in a maximum security prison based simply on an accusation. I also find it extremely troubling that so many people are posting vile comments about these guys, simply based on an accusation. The Brazilian Police Dpt is still investigating this matter, so I’m holding off on judging them.

Kidnapping for ransom is rampant in Brazil (by police, and others). A lot of people in Brazil are destitute and desperate for money. So, I’m going to hold off on judging these guys, this could easily end up being a money shakedown case. From what I have read, the police don’t have any hard concrete evidence against the boxers, it’s just a he/she said. I still believe in the notion of innocent until proven guilty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/second-boxer-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-olympic-village-staff-member-160336693.html

Unfortunately, and something to remember when traveling outside the United States, that is not the prevailing attitude when crimes are investigated in other countries.

Let's remember that here you might get shot by a police office, he'll lie under oath and even with a video he'll get away...

Besides when it comes to rape nothing beats the 1 in 5 rape chances of our colleges and 1 in 9 women raped while serving in the military.

Just saying...

One more thing: the big cities have never been safer, crime is at an all time low, don't believe Trump.

Two boxers (Namibian and Moroccan) have been arrested for sexually assaulting a couple of housekeepers at the Olympic village. The men are now being held in a maximum security prison awaiting rape trial next month.

What a dumb ass thing to do, if it turns out to be true (that’s a big if). This is simply an accusation right now. I’m not sure why these guys are being held in a maximum security prison based simply on an accusation. I also find it extremely troubling that so many people are posting vile comments about these guys, simply based on an accusation. The Brazilian Police Dpt is still investigating this matter, so I’m holding off on judging them.

Kidnapping for ransom is rampant in Brazil (by police, and others). A lot of people in Brazil are destitute and desperate for money. So, I’m going to hold off on judging these guys, this could easily end up being a money shakedown case. From what I have read, the police don’t have any hard concrete evidence against the boxers, it’s just a he/she said. I still believe in the notion of innocent until proven guilty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/second-boxer-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-olympic-village-staff-member-160336693.html

Sounds like Strauss-Kahn in NYC.

In many countries only if a woman has injuries or shows up with any kind of proof of a violent sexual act she could press charges. I hope this gets highly publicized and there's a trial.

If the women wanted money why in hell would they chose a Moroccan and a Namibian?

So far Brazilian authorities have acted faster than Campus Police when a girl shows up with her bleeding and accuses a cool guy from the football team of raping her.

Isn't that what Kenneth Starr did?

gettyimages-585104586.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=2310&strip=all

Boxer Saada Hassan of Morocco who is competing in the 81 kg category poses after a training session at the Riocentro complex in Rio de Janeiro prior to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on August 1, 2016. / AFP / YURI CORTEZ (Photo credit should read YURI CORTEZ/AFP/Getty Images)

Brazilian police arrested a Moroccan Olympic boxer on allegations of trying to rape two Brazilian maids at the Olympic Village, authorities said Friday.

http://wtvr.com/2016/08/07/olympic-boxer-hassan-saada-accused-of-raping-maids-olympic-village/

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/08/16/3701404800000578-3729675-Namibian_boxer_Jonas_Junias_Jonas_carrying_the_flag_at_the_Olymp-m-31_1470671576761.jpg

A Namibian boxer has been arrested by Brazilian police on suspicion of attempting to sexually assault a maid in the Rio de Janeiro Olympic village.

She alleged Jonas Junius, 22, had grabbed her and tried to kiss her. She also accused him of offering her money to have sex.

Junius is competing in the light-welterweight division.

Last week, a Moroccan boxer was arrested by police after allegedly assaulting two female cleaners.

A Brazilian judge has ordered Hassan Saada to be detained for 15 days, pending an investigation, media reports said.

This could mean Saada is unable to take part in the Games.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37012299

If the women wanted money why in hell would they chose a Moroccan and a Namibian?

I was going to write the same thing.

What is more probable, that two men from cultures with a big history of abuse against women attempted to forcefully "seduce" incredibly beautiful brazilian girls, or that two -admittedly- poor brazilian girls plan a way to extra money out of olympic athletes and then go and choose two athletes from the poorest countries?

Yes, we don't know all the facts and only time will tell, but immediately jumping on the side of defending the alleged perpetrators trying to blame the victims is every bit as unconscionable as calling the accused monkeys.

Jumping to defend the rapists is the first familiar symptom of the good old rape culture.

I was going to write the same thing.

What is more probable, that two men from cultures with a big history of abuse against women attempted to forcefully "seduce" incredibly beautiful brazilian girls, or that two -admittedly- poor brazilian girls plan a way to extra money out of olympic athletes and then go and choose two athletes from the poorest countries?

Yes, we don't know all the facts and only time will tell, but immediately jumping on the side of defending the alleged perpetrators trying to blame the victims is every bit as unconscionable as calling the accused monkeys.

Jumping to defend the rapists is the first familiar symptom of the good old rape culture.

Yes, like in our military academies and colleges!

American culture of date-rape described by a friend of mine whos is a Lawyer as "no means no, say no more often", sad but true.

I'm starting to think straight men shouldn't be allowed to openly served in the military LOL

Gay - Straight - Bi - Martian any athlete who wants to hook up in the Olympic Village obviously can and does. Legends-stories are well known.

Gosh I would love to watch the action the must occur every night.

Violence - sexual assault - etc is crime. It occurs all over. It has nothing to do with sex - rather it deals with violence, power

If these two commit these assaults - the commit a crime

Gay - Straight - Bi - Martian any athlete who wants to hook up in the Olympic Village obviously can and does. Legends-stories are well known.

Gosh I would love to watch the action the must occur every night.

Violence - sexual assault - etc is crime. It occurs all over. It has nothing to do with sex - rather it deals with violence, power

If these two commit these assaults - the commit a crime

Just like college, but easier because you won't see each other again... WTF

Archived