Two Russians in Chicago

chgobrt
This topic is 2809 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Unfortunately, the first was one of my worst experiences ever, I absolutely hated it, more here:

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/411-on-nik-in-hollywood.114874/

The second one does decent massage but is definitely less hot/toned/handsome than in his pix. Having tried a bunch of Russians, I feel like I should give up, the cultural distance is just insurmountable. Most will tell you upfront, even if you don't ask (my case), that by sensual massage they mean that you can touch them but then you are supposed to "take care of yourself" at the end. What a turnoff this must be for those for whom the "ending" is a mandatory part of the massage! The first dude, Nick or whatever, will inform you that for him sensual means that you can "take care of your self in the end," but he stays in his briefs throughout and there is no touching. I found this unsolicited proposition downright offensive and demeaning. Now, this second dude has neither of these hang-ups but he still managed to alienate me by asking me to put the money on a nightstand before he would start the massage. I mean, seriously, are we doing a drug deal or what? Also, I heard loud noises from the kitchen half-way through, someone was doing the dishes or something, and he topped it off by counting the money right in front of me as I was getting dressed and we were saying good bye. Tacky, never again!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. They both just texted back that they were available. Saved by the bell :)

Tough to find a good eastern European guy in Chicago that does a great massage and a little extra.

Try this guy, but be ready for him to be late to the appointment (he comes from a distance and Chi traffic is pretty bad all the time, plus, as much as he is a nice guy, his time management sucks), and his English is pretty bad, but he is a very good masseur and very chill and friendly:

http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/nikevro.shtml

Unfortunately, the first was one of my worst experiences ever, I absolutely hated it, more here:

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/411-on-nik-in-hollywood.114874/

The second one does decent massage but is definitely less hot/toned/handsome than in his pix. Having tried a bunch of Russians, I feel like I should give up, the cultural distance is just insurmountable. Most will tell you upfront, even if you don't ask (my case), that by sensual massage they mean that you can touch them but then you are supposed to "take care of yourself" at the end. What a turnoff this must be for those for whom the "ending" is a mandatory part of the massage! The first dude, Nick or whatever, will inform you that for him sensual means that you can "take care of your self in the end," but he stays in his briefs throughout and there is no touching. I found this unsolicited proposition downright offensive and demeaning. Now, this second dude has neither of these hang-ups but he still managed to alienate me by asking me to put the money on a nightstand before he would start the massage. I mean, seriously, are we doing a drug deal or what? Also, I heard loud noises from the kitchen half-way through, someone was doing the dishes or something, and he topped it off by counting the money right in front of me as I was getting dressed and we were saying good bye. Tacky, never again!

Thanks for the 411. I may be in Chicago this month and was looking a both of these guys (mostly the 2nd guy). Not the first time I read he wants his fee up front.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a thing for Russians?

It seems that many of them are reasonably competent masseurs, generally straight guys and (former) athletes, and somewhat fanatical about processing as many clients a day as they possibly can. They massage you and go through the motions (everyone setting the bar at the level they can handle without snapping) to make it "sensual" in order to justify the $100-$160 per hour. It's almost like they throw themselves into doing something they secretly hate thinking "ok, one or two years of THIS and then I'll have enough money to start a business, move back, or whatever." And that calculus can definitely be viable if you stay at friends' places, look for hotel specials, and don't pay taxes, but the whole vibe and "value proposition" tends to be a total turnoff for me :-(

I'd love to be proven wrong, counterexamples? I don't really look for sensual (actually, I don't want anyone to touch me or let me touch them because that's part of the deal and what they are paid for), just a good massage by someone who is not uptight, is friendly and able to establish a good interpersonal vibe, and ENJOYS what they do.

• 2 weeks later...
And another one pops up: http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/massagealexei22.shtml

Anyone have any experience with Alexei?

OK, I had some time this weekend and his reviews were too numerous to be bogus, and I wanted a new experience, so I tried.

In short, probably my best massage ever, at least from the technical standpoint! Incredibly disciplined and methodological, head, hands, feet, and everything in between. Alexei is not a very tall/big guy but is all muscle (actually too much for my taste :-) ) and incredibly strong (as his pics suggest, few guys can do what he does). Plus the dude is highly trained and intelligent so he is able to adjust the pressure. I asked for medium (no knots lately, thank God!) and I got medium, and he asked a couple of times to confirm that it was right, which was very professional.

He massaged in his briefs but is not, thank God, one of those Russians/Eastern Europeans whose main obsession is not to get even close to your glutes and who inform you upfront that "you can take care of yourself at the end," which is a total deal breaker for me. I mean, why tell me that even if I never asked? Aleksei is all business and there was no chatting upfront other than the very appropriate offer to use the bathroom and the question "do you have any injuries I should know about" and he went straight to work. I really liked it that he very confidently tackled my glutes and some tricky parts which are really important to me because I have chronic hip flexor problems and I've been running and exercising a lot. Interestingly, his English is very good, very prompt and professional responses, just not that much of a talker. Maybe he becomes friendlier and more bubbly with repeat clients, could be a cultural thing.

Super hot and handsome, even if he is not my type. I really liked the vibe, the lack of chatter can actually be good once you accept that it's a cultural thing and the guy is actually focusing on giving you an excellent massage. If he lived in Chicago I would see him regularly, he'd be my top 2-3 choice. Go figure given what I just said above :-)... try this dude if he comes to your town!

Archived