New Internet Scam

Candyman
This topic is 7152 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am sure that you all see the constant offers for home loans, credit repair or refinancing you homes. Well it turns out a number of these offer are solely for the purpose of getting all your information

(credit card numbers-SS#-bank account# etc)

easy way to steal your idenity ruin you real credit.

Just a warning and please be carefull

Guest bighugbearphx

Good advice.

Also worth mentioning are the spam messages representing they are from a bank (and appearing that way, in their web domain shown), needing you to log onto their website (usually a numeric web address is given) to "verify" your information. The links are designed to look for cookies on your computer used for online banking, and steal your info, even if you are smart enough not to key in info once you get to the site.

I got one from SunBank (whom I never did any business with) and - just in the last few days - several from Citibank, asking info about your Citibank credit card. Since they are the largest credit card issuer in the country, they'll probably hit paydirt with that one, unless people are careful and realize BANKS DON'T E-MAIL YOU FOR CONFIDENTIAL INFO!

Guest bighugbearphx

Good advice.

Also worth mentioning are the spam messages representing they are from a bank (and appearing that way, in their web domain shown), needing you to log onto their website (usually a numeric web address is given) to "verify" your information. The links are designed to look for cookies on your computer used for online banking, and steal your info, even if you are smart enough not to key in info once you get to the site.

I got one from SunBank (whom I never did any business with) and - just in the last few days - several from Citibank, asking info about your Citibank credit card. Since they are the largest credit card issuer in the country, they'll probably hit paydirt with that one, unless people are careful and realize BANKS DON'T E-MAIL YOU FOR CONFIDENTIAL INFO!

Archived