Twist, Miami

Lab12
This topic is 1439 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Heading to Miami to have some fun as a gift to myself for passing my boards!!! heard Twist has some pretty good strippers...are they strippers strippers or just buff blokes dancing around in underwear? I just need a bit of information.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there last Xmas. For me, Twist is more of a drinking/social bar than a stripper joint. It has several bars within, but the go-go boy action happens in the back bar, which looks like a screened-in porch. It's a tight squeeze around the bar, but they have a small stage where one dancer is featured. No room for any signicant dancing. On main nights, there is a drag queen as emcee and it can be hit & miss from an entertainment perspective. The rest of the go-go boys work the bar area and if you get a dance ($20), the guy takes you to a dark corner of the bar, humps you & lets you touch them. Some guys are very touchy-feely. Most of the guys are good-looking and most are foreigners - Italian, South American. Many straight, but friendly. It is a lot of fun if you go in a group. If your focus is the stripper part, try Floppy Rooster instead; if your focus is drinks, music, maybe even pick up a patron or two, try twist. One man's impression here, hopefully others can chime in with different perspectives. Good luck!

I was there last Xmas. For me, Twist is more of a drinking/social bar than a stripper joint. It has several bars within, but the go-go boy action happens in the back bar, which looks like a screened-in porch. It's a tight squeeze around the bar, but they have a small stage where one dancer is featured. No room for any signicant dancing. On main nights, there is a drag queen as emcee and it can be hit & miss from an entertainment perspective. The rest of the go-go boys work the bar area and if you get a dance ($20), the guy takes you to a dark corner of the bar, humps you & lets you touch them. Some guys are very touchy-feely. Most of the guys are good-looking and most are foreigners - Italian, South American. Many straight, but friendly. It is a lot of fun if you go in a group. If your focus is the stripper part, try Floppy Rooster instead; if your focus is drinks, music, maybe even pick up a patron or two, try twist. One man's impression here, hopefully others can chime in with different perspectives. Good luck!

I mostly agree with Truereviews comments. I get to Twist fairly frequently on trips to South Florida. Drag queens only MC the gogo show on Sunday and Monday nights. The rest of the nights there is a gay male "DJ" in the cabana go-go bar. Most of the dancers are Latino although there are always a few Europeans and maybe a white or black American guy. Most of the guys are str8 but many are gay-4-pay outside of the club.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the responses guys... Is this place a club type of feel where a lot of straight men and women go to or is it pretty exclusively gay guys in the crowd?

Also do the drag queens every do contests or pull up a hot guy from the crowd and have him strip?

Thanks for the responses guys... Is this place a club type of feel where a lot of straight men and women go to or is it pretty exclusively gay guys in the crowd?

Also do the drag queens every do contests or pull up a hot guy from the crowd and have him strip?

Mostly gay men go. Majority of strippers are straight and some of the girls in the audience are the GFs. Haven't seen any drag queen pull anyone from the crowd up on stage, and I've been there enuff times, I did see an amateur night. Every dancer keeps his undies on. Keep in mind the dancers are usually all the way in the cabana bar. Have a few drinks, grab a bar stool, enjoy, try a corner all the way in the back to get some action. Wear comfy summer clothes that you don't mind getting dirty bc it is hot, humid, and who knows what's been splattered on the walls and seats.

Mostly gay men go. Majority of strippers are straight and some of the girls in the audience are the GFs. Haven't seen any drag queen pull anyone from the crowd up on stage, and I've been there enuff times, I did see an amateur night. Every dancer keeps his undies on. Keep in mind the dancers are usually all the way in the cabana bar. Have a few drinks, grab a bar stool, enjoy, try a corner all the way in the back to get some action. Wear comfy summer clothes that you don't mind getting dirty bc it is hot, humid, and who knows what's been splattered on the walls and seats.

That sucks so no actual lap dance area?

Thanks for the info... I'm surprised a majority of the strippers are straight. So not many straight couples go for the music?

So this kind of stuff doesn't happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-IJgkRycgQ

That sucks so no actual lap dance area?

Well, maybe it has changed since I was there last in December. The cabana is a small space with just enough room for a little stage (probably 3-4 people max), a rectangular bar surrounded by stools and a narrow space to circulate around it. It is tight quarters. On the far side of the bar is where some patrons pull a stool and sit against the wall while the dancer pumps and grinds. No partition. after a few drinks and all the eye candy, it can be great fun. The patrons are hot too. I met a French Canadian couple there that were...well, Nevermind, I digress. I've always had a hoot and most patrons look like they are too. If you get bored, you have several other choices upstairs or to the front or you can just hang out in the patio. I do think this club is better with a group or at least a wingman. Again, just one man's opinion here.

@shoparound - ah, good memories, bud! I love alternating between Bali Joe & Mixwell! The drag shows are ok, but the crowd in this island bar is phenomenal! Bali has some of the best looking tourists I've ever seen in my life. Just watch out for the pickpockets! I would say Twist is more 50/50 tourists and locals. I've seen straight couples but not that many. Then again, I don't have a straightdar. ;)

If you go to Twist, please report back! Always good to get different perspectives!

• 2 weeks later...

Went out this weekend to Twist.

Saturday had a GREAT lineup of dancers, more than half were very attractive. Like many said, they are aggressive and want you to pay them for lap dances. Went on all night. And yes, zero privacy, as the private dances are literally on a wall a couple of feet from the bar. Basically everyone was watching.

Sunday, is far different. There was an amateur underwear contest hosted by a drag queen. Now, here's what was annoying the drag queen catered to the annoying screaming big straight ladies in front and literally held up the contest in many moments. The antics or jokes weren't even funny. Most were one on one with one large annoying woman. Even more disappointing once the contest got started, none of the participants were attractive or in shape.

After the contest the dancers resumed, but that was the D list dancers they had. Almost none of them were anywhere near the attractiveness as Saturdays. I also noticed their lap dances were very tame and low key. Very disappointing night. I don't recommend the Sundays.

Went out this weekend to Twist.

Saturday had a GREAT lineup of dancers, more than half were very attractive. Like many said, they are aggressive and want you to pay them for lap dances. Went on all night. And yes, zero privacy, as the private dances are literally on a wall a couple of feet from the bar. Basically everyone was watching.

Sunday, is far different. There was an amateur underwear contest hosted by a drag queen. Now, here's what was annoying the drag queen catered to the annoying screaming big straight ladies in front and literally held up the contest in many moments. The antics or jokes weren't even funny. Most were one on one with one large annoying woman. Even more disappointing once the contest got started, none of the participants were attractive or in shape.

After the contest the dancers resumed, but that was the D list dancers they had. Almost none of them were anywhere near the attractiveness as Saturdays. I also noticed their lap dances were very tame and low key. Very disappointing night. I don't recommend the Sundays.

Were the lap dances tame on Saturday too?

I'm just glad you had a decent time overall on Saturday. Did you get to visit other bars?

Thanks! I tried Score, but it wasn't that good at least on Saturday. Just a dance club, no dancers.

I can also see what people mean about the smoking. It's ridiculous in both bars. You will smell terrible when you leave.

• 1 year later...

I have fond memories of Twist. About a decade ago I took a dancer back to my hotel and we rocked the night. He was one of the most passionate men I have ever been with even though he claimed to be straight

Edited by Stormy

I was there last Saturday night and had a good time. About 10 guys - all big, muscular guys. Mostly Cubans, Venezuelans, Brazilians, and Italians. Had a lap dance with Lucio - an incredibly attractive, muscular Italian - was very friendly and fun to be around. He charged $30 per song, which I thought was ridiculously high but still had a good time.

• 2 weeks later...
I was there last Saturday night and had a good time. About 10 guys - all big, muscular guys. Mostly Cubans, Venezuelans, Brazilians, and Italians. Had a lap dance with Lucio - an incredibly attractive, muscular Italian - was very friendly and fun to be around. He charged $30 per song, which I thought was ridiculously high but still had a good time.
Yeah... you got swindled with that $30 BS... $20/song is the going rate... and it was at twist where they don't even have booths... that was a fleece.

• 2 weeks later...

I just escaped a dancer at twist that wouldn’t take my word that I was out of money. I paid him his first request and he stayed with me. For his second request I only paid half and said I have no more cash. But he wouldn’t leave. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy being with him. I did. But when I say I have no more money it’s time for the dancer to move on or stay for free.

• 2 weeks later...