hollywood bars of the 60's

taylorky
This topic is 7127 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

as some of y'all may know i have an uncle that lives in calif. (aqua dulce).he's a great guy and as a kid i spent most summers with him...he is also gay, and has been a real positive influence in my life,politically and with my sexual orientation (he knew a couple years before my folks did)politically he's even left of my dad, but he spent two tours in vietnam (flew hueys with the 1st cav. and like kerry was opposed to the war).anyway he knows i visit this site...i tell him some of the crazy shit y'all post :-) .well to make a long post short heres my question (jeesh sometimes i ramble on) he said i should ask if any of y'all remember old hollywood bars such as "the stampede","the farm","the hayloft","ginos" and resturant's called the gold cup and arthur jays.

God bless your uncle, Taylorky... he sounds like a fabulous human being. Perhaps it's just my fondness for Miss Vidal's two exqisite works, "Myra Breckinridge" and "Myron", but I often wish that I had been alive and at the age of consent during the 50's & early 60's, and in Hollywood! How marvelous it must've been... so many boys simply flocking from all parts of the country to Hollywood & Vine, so eager to achieve stardom. Why, they'd do anything, ANYTHING for a break! I think of all those "muscle" magazines... boys in sailor caps and posing straps... somehow, I long for the good ole days that I never knew!

Trix

Guest msclonly

The Hayloft was down the hill from the apt. A great place.

The Stampede leaves a ? mark?

The Farm is antoher ?

But the best one was on Highland between Melrose and Beverly Blvds.

Always a place to make out. The center of acion.

Then there was the Spotlight on Vine beween Hollywood and Sunset Blvds. $25.00 would get you a Full nite without attitude.

Even then you had to watch your back and wallet, a little!

:7 :+ :7

Archived