Inspiration at all corners

hunterlee
This topic is 2951 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I met this women who really inspired me and thought I would share my moment to hopefully inspire you as well...

I had a regular uberx ride with this women driving an s class Mercedes... and I was like "what are you doing driving a s class Mercedes" we ended up talking.. This women owns several business; clothing stores, nail salons and real estate. She was basically retired. I was like "what are you doing driving for uber". She responds back "I'm just trying to find my calling, i feel like I'm missing something and its the same old bullshit everyday. My businesses run themselves and i'm bored.".

Her story... At 16 she worked in fast food then worked her way up to district manager at 18. Told her boss "i want to do nails" and her boss was like "wtf why are you leaving a good job when you have no education". She went to school at night for nails, worked her job during the day. Quit when she finished and opened her first nail salon. Funny story she said she had trouble hiring those asian people because they thought (and I'm quoting her) "how the f&%* does this young black girl own a nail salon, did she steal this business, is she going to pay us?". I was cracking up laughing in the car with her.

She has hustled ever since, and only in her mid-late 30's beautiful as can be! I was like "You are my spirit animal!!"

I hope everyone who reads this can live vicariously through her the same way I was able to.

Archived