Is there a lawyer in the house?

jackhammer91406
This topic is 7142 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No need to be catty to someone who's trying to be helpful. If you can't find the exact answer you need on the lgirtf website, I'm sure they can refer you to a good immigration lawyer you can hire who can probably research it with your own $$ and give you the exact case names.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>No need to be catty to someone who's trying to be helpful.

>If you can't find the exact answer you need on the lgirtf

>website, I'm sure they can refer you to a good immigration

>lawyer you can hire who can probably research it with your own

>$$ and give you the exact case names.

Or charge me $$ to tell me how stupid I am to believe everything someone posts on a message board.

RE: Law would be a great business if it weren't for the clients

Well, I feel that you of all people, woodlawn, as I assume, based upon your post in response to my post, realize that I was just reiterating a very old, very stale lawyer joke. I've heard that attorneys like the old jokes, but if not, I want to assure you that no professional nor personal offense was intended.

>Because you haven't yet found yourself in a situation in which

>you desperately need a lawyer to get your ass out of trouble,

>I imagine.

If only that was true!! I wish I had been a very good little boy during my lifetime and could recover the thousands upon thousands of dollars I've shelled out to attorneys to "get my ass out of trouble".

Which, brings me to the very source of my dissatisfaction.

I have been very, very grateful for the decision to hire an attorney on more than one occasion, most notably in dealing with claims against the sleaziest low-lifes on Earth aka insurance companies.

On the flip side, I have also regretted hiring some attorneys, paying exhorbitant charges, for representation in criminal actions, where I could have saved thousand of dollars and have done just as well, or even better, using a court appointed public defender.

RE: Law would be a great business if it weren't for the clients

Just out of curiosity, how is it determined whether someone qualifies for a public defender? Does the defendant have to show his income tax returns? What kind of income typically qualifies? Do the judge ask the defendant what his income is during the arraignment?

Archived