Palm Springs gay hotels recommended

tony
This topic is 2939 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My friend and I (he's very well endowed and an exhibitionist, I am not) would like to stay at a very well situated gay/clothing optional place in Palm Springs. Can anyone recommend one that is "very nice, well located within walking to..anyplace interesting like bars or anything else" and also where one would feel comfortable naked or not in front of others. I don't mind at all.

Another question: does one need a car to get around PS like in LA?

Thank you for anyone who has stayed and can recommend do's and don'ts while there.

What is there to do at night? Bars or clubs and is it really a very old crowd and more laid back than other younger gay destinations?

I know, a lot of questions, just want to be well informed.

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at Canyon Club many times, and highly recommend it.

I don't think you necessarily need a car, but it depends on where you're looking to go. There's a free trolley that runs up and down Palm Canyon.

There have been weekends when I've driven to Canyon Club (I'm in San Diego), parked there and never used the car again until I drove home.

Rob

My friend and I (he's very well endowed and an exhibitionist, I am not) would like to stay at a very well situated gay/clothing optional place in Palm Springs. Can anyone recommend one that is "very nice, well located within walking to..anyplace interesting like bars or anything else" and also where one would feel comfortable naked or not in front of others. I don't mind at all.

Another question: does one need a car to get around PS like in LA?

Thank you for anyone who has stayed and can recommend do's and don'ts while there.

What is there to do at night? Bars or clubs and is it really a very old crowd and more laid back than other younger gay destinations?

I know, a lot of questions, just want to be well informed.

Thank you all.

Tony, good luck on your upcoming trip. As others have mentioned Canyon Club is fun. I have stayed there many times. I don't know though if i would call it "very nice" or even well situated. It is set apart a little from the other gay clothing optional resorts and is a few blocks further from the gay bars, but it is very close to downtown.

Canyon Club is clothing optional, and it has a great garden area, fun playroom and some of the rooms are very nice. If you stay there I would encourage you to get the most room you can afford. That said, it is not the most popular place and some nights it is downright dead, so if your friend is looking to be an exhibitionist and you are staying for more than a weekend than that may not be the right place.

Other places which are popular are All Wolds, Helios and Inndulge. All three are in the same area. There are a few other ones there too. These resorts are only a few blocks from the gay bars and are also near the down town area. Here are some of them:

https://www.google.com/#q=palm%20springs%20gay%20resorts&rflfq=1&rlla=0&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf_hd:-1,lf_maxhp:-

All of the clothing optional resorts allow for day/night passes so if you are not staying at one then you can go over to another one and hang out there. Depending on what time of year you are going each place has stuff to do. During the high season there will be multiple events going on at places, but during the off season most places only have stuff happening on the weekends. As much as I like Canyon Club I would recommend staying at All Worlds or Helios for your first trip because it is probably more of the PS experience. Do a day pass to Canyon Club when they are doing one of their events.

Gay Bars:

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=gaybars&find_loc=Palm+Springs,+CA

There is a gay bar stip on Arenas....Hunters is usually the general hangout with pool, dancing and outdoor area. Across the street is a video bar SpurLine which is owned by a guy from Chicago that worked at Sidetrack so it is very much in the vein of that bar if you have been there. There are a couple other bars off the main drag. There are also a few gay restaurants on Arenas (this street is only about 2 blocks worth of businesses we are not talking about a lot of businesses)

Car or no car is going to depend on what your plans are. Uber is available in PS, but if you are going to go do things then you probably need a car. PS is not very big but it is spread out and some of the stuff to do is in Cathedral City or other towns near by. If you can afford the car you probably want to get one for your first trip.

Things to do:

Go on the Tram...great fun up on the mountain. Depending on what time of year it may be 90-100 in PS and then there could be snow up on the mountain...very odd experience.

Downtown: Lots of great places to eat, and they have an art walk/festival on Friday nights during the season.

Hiking: lots of great places to go hiking

Joshua Tree: If you love the desert and plant life go to Joshua tree, this will be a day trip but lots of fun.

Relax ...I spend at least 50% of my time there or more just lying in the sun at the pool or napping.

Overall its a really laid back crowd. The age is generally older but there are a lot of younger guys too.... It is in some ways similar to Key West if you have been there..

Not to be Debbie Downer, but there is a little bit of a drug problem in PS right now....just throwing it out there if you do the online stuff and you are not into drugs then just be aware of it. PS has a big problem with Heroin and needle drug use currently. A lot of cities are having this problem but given the size of PS....just putting it out there.

Guys use Scruff, Adam4Adam & Grindr. Also there is some BBRT and Manhunt use for online hooking up.

I have a good recommendation for a massage if you are interested, hit me up with a PM...also feel free to PM me if you have other questions...

Oh and can you introduce me to your friend. <EG>

Good luck and have fun

THANK YOU GUYS, all 3 of you! Your suggestions, views and insights are invaluable and I appreciate them all very much., Thank you for the links and...I am impressed and thankful, I never expected such a response. Am sorry it took me so long to respond but I had been traveling out of the country. Thank you all!

Archived