Massage by Bodybuilder/Physique Competitor - Near NYC

musclelover
This topic is 2969 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's not a hint of a sensual massage, so I'm sure this is strictly therapeutic. I don't even use words like that!

But $200 for 60 minutes? And what is "myofascial release?" I doubt that it's the kind of release we usually write about here. (And we haven't the slightest idea if that's really his picture.)

Here's the short answer: If you're looking for anything beyond a strictly therapeutic massage, look elsewhere. There's no hint of anything sensual in the ad because there won't be any hint of sensuality in the massage. He is straight a ndhas very strict boundaries.

Here's the long answer: Will actually reached out to me via facebook because I got a handfull of massages from one of his good weightlifting friends a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he's adopted his friends rates as well. I had a lot of issues with the rate because I just think 200 is too high for a strictly therapeutic massage. They are not even certified massage therapists, nor do they offer any sort of out of this world experience! I think it's just more of an ego thing with them. I got to the point with Will's friend where he was willing to break some of those boundaries but it took a lot of convincing and only happened because we became friends off the massage table.

Will's massage is strictly therapeutic and the least amount of clothing he is willing to wear is a tank top and shorts. I have no problem with therapeutic masseurs. Some of my best massages have been with strictly therapeutic masseurs......but they don't charge 200 bucks. They charge 80-140. If Will's rate was in that range, I would definitely try him out. 200 is just not worth getting a potentially crappy massage with no extras.

Here's the short answer: If you're looking for anything beyond a strictly therapeutic massage, look elsewhere. There's no hint of anything sensual in the ad because there won't be any hint of sensuality in the massage. He is straight a ndhas very strict boundaries.

Here's the long answer: Will actually reached out to me via facebook because I got a handfull of massages from one of his good weightlifting friends a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he's adopted his friends rates as well. I had a lot of issues with the rate because I just think 200 is too high for a strictly therapeutic massage. They are not even certified massage therapists, nor do they offer any sort of out of this world experience! I think it's just more of an ego thing with them. I got to the point with Will's friend where he was willing to break some of those boundaries but it took a lot of convincing and only happened because we became friends off the massage table.

Will's massage is strictly therapeutic and the least amount of clothing he is willing to wear is a tank top and shorts. I have no problem with therapeutic masseurs. Some of my best massages have been with strictly therapeutic masseurs......but they don't charge 200 bucks. They charge 80-140. If Will's rate was in that range, I would definitely try him out. 200 is just not worth getting a potentially crappy massage with no extras.

BC_Runner, thanks very much for your really thoughtful and helpful response. While Will is certainly entitled to set his fee and to have his massage be totally therapeutic and non-sensual, it's not something that I would be interested in with someone with a physique like his. I'm not saying that a therapeutic massage couldn't in and of itself be terrific, but I would choose a therapeutic massage based on technique and competence, not looks. Getting a massage from Will without having any possibility of physical interaction would be - for me, anyway - extremely frustrating! I'm sure that there are others who don't feel the same way and as long as that's the case, then Will will have a market for his services.

Archived