Knighthood

beachboy
This topic is 2972 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-Knight_of_the_Burning_Pestle.jpg

The Knight of the Burning Pestle is a play in five acts by Francis Beaumont, first performed in 1607 and first published in a quarto in 1613. It is the first whole parody (or pastiche) play in English. The play is a satire on chivalric romances in general, similar to Don Quixote, and a parody of Thomas Heywood's The Four Prentices of London and Thomas Dekker's The Shoemaker's Holiday. It breaks the fourth wall from its outset...The broader humour of the play derives from innuendo and sexual jokes, as well as joking references to other dramatists. The players, for example, plant a winking joke at the Citizen's expense, as the pestle of Rafe's herald is a phallic metaphor, and a burning pestle/penis implies syphilis, on the one hand, and sexual bravado, on the other. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knight_of_the_Burning_Pestle

:D

220px-Knight_of_the_Burning_Pestle.jpg

The Knight of the Burning Pestle is a play in five acts by Francis Beaumont, first performed in 1607 and first published in a quarto in 1613. It is the first whole parody (or pastiche) play in English. The play is a satire on chivalric romances in general, similar to Don Quixote, and a parody of Thomas Heywood's The Four Prentices of London and Thomas Dekker's The Shoemaker's Holiday. It breaks the fourth wall from its outset...The broader humour of the play derives from innuendo and sexual jokes, as well as joking references to other dramatists. The players, for example, plant a winking joke at the Citizen's expense, as the pestle of Rafe's herald is a phallic metaphor, and a burning pestle/penis implies syphilis, on the one hand, and sexual bravado, on the other. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knight_of_the_Burning_Pestle

:D

So knowledgeable. Thank you kind sir.

A knight must have a horse. If no horse, he must be hung like a horse. Do you have a horse? If not, as a baron of the kingdom, I demand photographic proof of your alternate qualification. (You can also present the living proof in person if you are coming to Palm Springs. I will personally conduct the inspection.)

A knight must have a horse. If no horse, he must be hung like a horse. Do you have a horse? If not, as a baron of the kingdom, I demand photographic proof of your alternate qualification. (You can also present the living proof in person if you are coming to Palm Springs. I will personally conduct the inspection.)

I have ridden horses all my life & also have never had any complaints about my attribute, nevertheless a thorough inspection is always welcome. Just stand back & make room for the unveiling!!

Archived