The Prodigal Son

beethoven
This topic is 3007 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't think there has been a thread at this 90-minute play by John Patrick Shanley, author of "Doubt," now at Manhattan Theater Club. I saw this today and liked it a lot. Highly recommended. The lead actor, Timothee Chalamet, has been on TV and in the movies, but this seems to be his Broadway debut. He's outstanding! The ending was a bit unsatisfactory, but just a bit, as it was purposely ambiguous -- at least to me! Anyone else see it?

Thanks for referring me to your earlier post. I do remember reading it and appreciating your personal recollections. When I saw "The Prodigal Son" yesterday, I also wondered why "Quinn" never started psychotherapy, but perhaps in those days, it wasn't done a lot. He reminded me of Holden Caulfield. When I read "Catcher in the Rye" 60 years ago as a college freshman, I thought that Holden was really cool. When I read it again about 10-20 years ago, I wondered why he hadn't sought psychiatric help.

Archived