Gay Shorts

BSR
This topic is 3021 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No, I'm not referring to former congressman Aaron Shock's choices in athletic gear, but to the short film that was linked on today's review page.

Wow, I loved it! It had all the qualities that are so sorely lacking in most gay productions: good production values, script, and acting. When I watch most made-for-TLA gay films, I just cringe. They throw me back to my high school acting class when you'd have to endure the worst students in the class and their painful-to-watch attempts at acting. But this short had terrific actors - cute, talented, and most important, believable.

I watched it the first time without captions, which puts you in the place of the speaking character. The second time I turned on the captions to find out what the deaf character is signing. It was nice to satisfy my curiosity, but it didn't change the way I saw the short. Both actors are cute, but the one who plays the speaking character really slayed me.

I watched a few other shorts by this producer, Roberto Perez Toledo, and they were all terrific. He seems to be equally comfortable realizing both gay and straight storylines. I love how he presents the complications of love since time immemorial (insecurity, jealousy, risk) in the very modern world of Whatsapp and Tinder.

I really liked this one that he produced for Gay Pride in Spain:

and this gay & straight themed story:

I'm glad to see he has a lot of videos up on YouTube. I'm sure I'll watch all of them eventually.

Archived