M4RN? Is it back online?

Hillbillidlux
This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest countryboywny

I didn't know that the website was down. I rarely use it, but I check it now and then. As far as your entrapment concern, always remember that the selling of one's time for companionship is perfectly legal. The selling of sex is not legal. A simple visit to any website that advertises companions is no indication that you are, or are planning to do anything illegal. IMHO, of course.

Apparently I am out of the loop, but I received an email today advertising the Men 4 Rent Now page and when I googled it I discovered that it is back up. Is this an entrapment ploy or is it legitimately working now?

Which one was taken down recently? Why was nor taken down and the rest have survived?

I do believe you may be thinking of Rentboy, shut down by Homeland Security back in August of 2015:

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/rentboy-office-raided.107022

TruHart1 :cool:

So, why RentBoy and not the others?

There has been quite a lot of speculation about that, but I suppose you would have to ask the feds to know their rationale (assuming they have one, which is a rather generous assumption I think). Maybe it was simply easier for them to collect evidence against RB than others to suggest they were illegally promoting prostitution. Carrying a business card that said “cyberpimp” probably didn’t help the website’s owner. Or, maybe they decided to go after the largest site to have the biggest impact with the minimum cost. Or, maybe this was just a trial balloon, and if they’re successful in this prosecution, they’ll be going after other websites next. Just another reason to contribute to the legal defense fund as far as I’m concerned. http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/heres-a-way-to-voice-your-outrage-over-the-shutdown-of-the-rentboy-website.109618/

• 2 years later...
Apparently I am out of the loop, but I received an email today advertising the Men 4 Rent Now page and when I googled it I discovered that it is back up. Is this an entrapment ploy or is it legitimately working now?

Gnarly dude!

This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.