Spotlight on Spotlight

N13
This topic is 3032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Probably my best movie of the year! Great ensemble acting. There was more than one actor that I normally avoid who gave low-key, against type performances that exemplify what an over-the-top actor can do when well directed. I am particularly referring to Michael Keaton and Liev Schrieber.

The script was tight, the direction was impeccable, the story was riveting. All this with believable characterizations made for one good movie!

I mostly agree with you, N13, but if you haven't seen "Brooklyn," you might revise your opinion as to the best of the year. But both are outstanding. I saw Marty Baron interviewed by Brian Lamb on CSPAN, and Live Schrieber looks just like Marty Baron. Yes, excellent performances by all in that cast.

Probably my best movie of the year! Great ensemble acting. There was more than one actor that I normally avoid who gave low-key, against type performances that exemplify what an over-the-top actor can do when well directed. I am particularly referring to Michael Keaton and Liev Schrieber.

The script was tight, the direction was impeccable, the story was riveting. All this with believable characterizations made for one good movie!

All of what you write is true but it had no style, nothing really cinematic and tried too hard to be All the President's Men. I didn't care about a single character and they took a really good story and made it kind of dry and boring.

HBO does things like this much better and with more style.

Archived