"Intimate Acts" on Massage4men

docred
This topic is 3056 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few days ago I sent M4M a fine review of my favorite masseur. It was rejected because I ended the review by saying "...and he gave me a goodbye kiss on the doorstep".

According to M4M's rules of conduct:

• Article 3.6.1.5
  • Intimate Activity – Images depicting actual or implied acts or expressions of intimacy. This includes people engaging in any sort of intimacy, including kissing.

How absurd is this??? And what do I tell Great Aunt Agatha next time I give a her a kiss???

M4M seems to have gone to ridiculous lengths of "correctness" since the RentBoy incident. No last names, no real description of the types of massage offered by the masseur and no links to personal websites. I hope any of you that advertise on the site will consider better ways to spend you advertising dollars. "RentMasseur" anyone?

Absurd? Perhaps, but when an unexpected risk to website operators appears out of the blue—a risk that could include arrest, asset seizure, and jail time—it shouldn’t come as a shock that people err on the side of caution. Indeed, this was probably part of the government’s strategy all along. They likely don’t have the resources to go after everyone, so they went after the easiest target to send a message to others: “You’re not as safe as you think you are. We can take you down whenever we want.” And the message seems to be getting through—we have seen ripple effects on RM (dropping certain interview answers and reviews), M4RN (now only “ask me” for rates), Masseurfinder (now only “custom” massages), M4M (no discussion of “intimacy” of any kind), and Adam4Adam (now no more “pro” section), and there are anecdotal reports of fewer advertisers, providing less information. If the RB prosecution is successful, it will set a precedent that is likely to increase the chilling effect it has already had. Obviously, the entire situation is very unfortunate for those who believe consenting adults should be free to act as they choose without government interference in their private affairs.

Archived