Important Hats of the 20th Century

beethoven
This topic is 3093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Saw this yesterday at the Manhattan Theater Club (downstairs at the City Center). This is a camp/fantasy/farce/satire on attitudes toward I'm not sure what, gays, fashion, social customs?

Most of the audience, which contained a lot of young people, loved it. My friend and I, in our 70s, sat dumbfounded, confused, and silent. I wanted to leave at intermission, but my friend wanted to stay in hopes that it would get better. It got worse -- at least we thought so. The young people sitting next to us were laughing their heads off.

I went on line to see some reviews, and found one. Evidently, this is a generational thing, and we are in the wrong generation. I seem to recall that the NY Times review said this play was "thin," but amusing.

Has anyone seen this play?

I saw this show a couple of weeks ago and I too left the theater disappointed. Despite a "not so bad" review in the NYTimes it miserably failed to live up to the hype.

I didn't think it was a generational thing, I just thought it was a miserable play. I didn't find it amusing. Shame! My only saving grace was that I saw it on a TDF ticket. I'd hate to pay full price for this.

Archived