Looking for Some Specifics about Stock Bar and Campus in Montreal

Despardo
This topic is 3118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I subscribed to the Stock Bar in Montreal website. Reminds me of the late and much lamented Gaiety in NYC, only MUCH nicer and much classier. The guys are amazingly good looking and very well equipped (no I do not care one whit if they are gay or straight.) Obviously, there is a lot of visual stimulation. I assume the drinks are predictably expensive and there may be a minimum which is to be expected and for me a non-issue.

I understand that the guys solicit lap dances. Can anyone describe for me (in detail if possible) what exactly is the protocol for that sort of thing, how much I might expect to spend, what I would be likely to get for the money, and what kind of rules and limitations apply within the club?

My second question is are the guys available privately outside the club?

Finally, are there any significant differences between the Stock Bar and the Campus regarding the above?

Thanks!

Here are FAQs for both clubs: Campus (http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/montreal-campus.75979/) and Stock Bar (http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/montreal-stock-le-stock.67304). These FAQs answer a lot of your questions.

Beers at both are about C$5.50. Mixed drinks like Cuba Libre are about C$7-8.

Campus opens as early as 3PM. Stock opens around 8:30PM and is closed on Mondays. They both close around the same time. Campus doesn't have curtains in the lap dance area while Stock does.

I understand that the guys solicit lap dances. Can anyone describe for me (in detail if possible) what exactly is the protocol for that sort of thing, how much I might expect to spend, what I would be likely to get for the money, and what kind of rules and limitations apply within the club?

At Stock, the dancers will roam the floor in between their performances looking for customers and start to engage in conversation with patrons usually starting with a bit of small talk. They will then ask if you know if private dances are available and ask if you're interested (you can easily feign innocence here). If you're not interested, the conversation will probably end very quickly.

How many dancers approach you just depends on the night. On some nights you can have a constant stream of dancers approaching you. On others, hardly any. If you're seated at the bar you're probably more likely to get more attention as it's easy to approach you.

If you see a dancer you like don't be afraid to approach them and ask if they're available for a private dance. With some dancers you might have to be patient if they're spending time drinking with regular customers. (There is one occasional visitor to Stock who usually has several dancers seated with him because he spends so much money there.) Your hand is stamped when you arrive at Stock and you can come and go as much as you please during the night.

As a general rule, I think if a dancer is good on stage and can really move and work a crowd, then they'll be good in private. If they barely move on stage and stare blankly in to the distance, probably not.

As for what happens during a dance, there is an official list of rules displayed more prominently at the entrance (no oral contact for example). What can actually happen depends on the dancer (some will remain flaccid during the dance) and their mood on the night. Every dancer is different in the back - you either just have to ask or read cues from the dancer. I've also had quite different experiences with the same dancer on different nights. I would agree a set number of songs to start with to avoid any potential dispute with the dancer.

If a dancer is looking to go back to someone's hotel room, they'll be pretty forthcoming in saying so.

In summary, relax, enjoy the stage show and just take things as they come in the club. There's no need to overthink things. As is so often the case on nights out, it's the unplanned and unexpected that make for the best experiences.

At Stock, the dancers will roam the floor in between their performances looking for customers and start to engage in conversation with patrons usually starting with a bit of small talk. They will then ask if you know if private dances are available and ask if you're interested (you can easily feign innocence here). If you're not interested, the conversation will probably end very quickly.

How many dancers approach you just depends on the night. On some nights you can have a constant stream of dancers approaching you. On others, hardly any. If you're seated at the bar you're probably more likely to get more attention as it's easy to approach you.

If you see a dancer you like don't be afraid to approach them and ask if they're available for a private dance. With some dancers you might have to be patient if they're spending time drinking with regular customers. (There is one occasional visitor to Stock who usually has several dancers seated with him because he spends so much money there.) Your hand is stamped when you arrive at Stock and you can come and go as much as you please during the night.

As a general rule, I think if a dancer is good on stage and can really move and work a crowd, then they'll be good in private. If they barely move on stage and stare blankly in to the distance, probably not.

As for what happens during a dance, there is an official list of rules displayed more prominently at the entrance (no oral contact for example). What can actually happen depends on the dancer (some will remain flaccid during the dance) and their mood on the night. Every dancer is different in the back - you either just have to ask or read cues from the dancer. I've also had quite different experiences with the same dancer on different nights. I would agree a set number of songs to start with to avoid any potential dispute with the dancer.

If a dancer is looking to go back to someone's hotel room, they'll be pretty forthcoming in saying so.

In summary, relax, enjoy the stage show and just take things as they come in the club. There's no need to overthink things. As is so often the case on nights out, it's the unplanned and unexpected that make for the best experiences.

Thank you. That tells me pretty much everything I need to know. Don't mind spending some money to have a good time, but like to know what to expect--also so I don't make a fool of myself. Also, do you know which nights of the week and hours of the evening are the "high energy" times.

Also, do you know which nights of the week and hours of the evening are the "high energy" times

I can only speak from experience of the summer season, but Friday and Saturday nights are the best as there's a big enough crowd to give the place an atmosphere (Montreal generally strikes me as much more weekend orientated for going out compared to other cities). You also have the shower shows in the shower behind the bar to the right of the stage and dances with 2-3 dancers on the main stage. The venue is at its busiest from around 10pm and starts thinning out after midnight. Thursdays are much quieter and the aforementioned bar is curtained off, but they can still be good. The one night at Stock to avoid at all costs is Ladies night on a Wednesday.

Archived