Stock Bar & Campus Strip Clubs Question

Despardo
This topic is 3120 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A follow up to my Toronto vs. Montreal vacation question and a big thanks for all the replies.

I subscribed to the Stock Bar in Montreal website. Reminds me of the late and much lamented Gaiety in NYC, only MUCH nicer and much classier. The guys are amazingly good looking and very well equipped (no I do not care one whit if they are gay or straight.) Obviously, there is a lot of visual stimulation. I assume the drinks are predictably expensive and there may be a minimum which is to be expected and for me a non-issue.

I understand that the guys solicit lap dances. Can anyone describe for me (in detail if possible) what exactly is the protocol for that sort of thing, how much I might expect to spend, what I would be likely to get for the money, and what kind of rules and limitations apply within the club?

My second question is are the guys available privately outside the club?

Finally, are there any significant differences between the Stock Bar and the Campus regarding the above?

Thanks!

The drinks, surprisingly, are not super expensive. However, as far as I can tell, all bars in Montreal use a "measured pour" system which automatically limits the amount of liquor in a drink to 1 ounce. To me that's a pretty weak drink; I think most cocktails in the U.S. are at least 1.5 ounces of liquor. Personally, I drink beer, so the weak drinks are not a problem for me. A beer is usually CAD$5-6, which is quite reasonable when you consider the current exchange rates.

The protocol for lap dances is a broad subject, so hopefully some other posters can add details, but here are some basics:

• You are charged "per song." Generally, it's CAD$20 per song. Technically, I think Campus and Stock will offer "non-contact" dances for $10/song, but dancers will rarely mention that option, and it really isn't recommended.
  • The rules and limitations are murky. I've seen a sign at Stock that explains that "no sexual activity" is allowed and that dancers will be immediately fired, and customers kicked out if they break this rule. This is pretty laughable, depending on how you define "sexual activity." I guess that a dancer sticking his cock in your mouth doesn't count as sexual activity, but I could be wrong. Maybe Bill Clinton could help with that definition.
  • The dancers will usually allow more and more contact as the songs progress. During the first song, they'll often keep their pants or underwear on, and then get completely naked right at the end to lure you into the second song. Each song will get progressively more "interesting." Personally, I usually plan to spend $40 when I "go in the back" with a dancer. If it's clear that he's a dud, I'll stop after 1 song and pay just $20, and if he's really doing it for me, I'll continue to $60 or $80.
  • If it goes beyond $80-100, I think you could get a better value by asking the dancer if he does "hotel privates." Some will and some won't. If you arrange a private dance in your hotel, be sure to ask questions to find out what the guy's limitations are, and what to expect when you get back to your room.
  • In my opinion, you'll get the most out of the dancers by treating them with a great deal of respect. I usually tell them that I don't know what their rules are, and to please let me know if I do anything that makes them uncomfortable. By all means, chat with them for a while in the bar before you go in back for a dance. The rapport that you develop in the bar will make both of you more comfortable with the shenanigans in the back.
  • The most important point: Before starting, ALWAYS ask the dancer to tell you the song count after every single song. It is easy for you to lose track of the song count, and some dancers lose track too (maybe on purpose?). It is common to get caught up in the fun, thinking the you're getting it all for $40, and then the dancer says that it was 6 songs and you owe $120. Whether the dancers try to pull this off on purpose is up for debate, but when you ask the dancer to give you the song count whenever the song ends, you establish that "you weren't born yesterday," and saves you both a lot of grief.

There are subtle but important differences between Campus and Stock. Stock tends to have bigger, more muscly guys. Campus tends to focus more on friendliness, and the dancers will spend more time chatting with you in the bar before "closing the sale" by asking you to have a dance with them. The lap dance cubicles at Stock have curtains that give you a little privacy, where at Campus there are no curtains, and other lap dance customers may be able to get a glimpse of what you're doing. Campus has an afternoon shift (until 8 or 9) with dancers who are usually super friendly, but not as well built as the evening guys. Personally, I prefer Campus, but always check out Stock also.

Archived