Troy

pierrot
This topic is 7322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just saw the movie "Troy" with Brad Pitt. Most disappointingly of course, they expurgated the homo parts, so Patroclus is simply Achilles' "cousin" rather than his lover. And so, even with all those Greeks running around, not a single male-male love thing goes on, contrary to everything we know about Greek culture. I guess it had to be sanitized for Bush's America.

Beyond that, Brad Pitt is very hot, and has worked on his body so that his shoulders and biceps are quite impressive. Brad is an odd choice for Achilles though. As a kind of small guy, with lovely golden locks and a pretty face, he's more a natural for the role of Paris. It's a little silly seeing little Brad attack this huge mountain of a muscle guy who plays the hero of Thessaly in the first one-on-one fight Achilles has. Then later we see Ajax who also towers over Brad, who for all his sexiness, is essentially a pretty boy, not a fearsome warrior.

Sexier IMO than Brad was Eric Bana as Hector. He's got better pecs, is taller, and his biceps are also beauts. Just a very sexy guy that you fall in love with.

Brad does have those incredible "wolf" eyes, but in my fantasies he throws those pretty legs up in the air and lets Hector screw him silly. Now that's the "Troy" I want to see.

Archived