Dead Boomers Walking?

VaHawk
This topic is 7346 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, it seems that the FINAL sellout of the baby boomer generation is now complete with Bob Dylan’s appearance in the Victoria Secrets commercial. Wasn’t it bad enough that Michael Jackson purchased the Beatles catalogue and used their songs to sell automobiles and other products? Now the driving voice of a whole generation has to sell out the very ideals that made him the voice of that generation?

Of course Jackson’s rape of the Beatles music only followed what other artists did previously, but Dylan’s sellout is definitely the death knell, imo. Break out the damn canes and walkers, baby boomers, as when you sell out your principles for bucks, you have indeed become Dead Boomers Walking!

BTW: Where the heck is Huey? My favorite sports buddy and musicologist on this board! I’d love to hear his opinion on the selling of the baby boomers' souls.

Guest ncm2169

< Bob Dylan’s appearance in the Victoria Secrets commercial >

What? You'd deny a sex-starved MN Iron Range native the chance to appear commercially with some bimbos? ;-) Shame on you! }(

P.S. Haven't seen the commercial, but I'll look for it. In the meantime, settle down and smoke up. Bob Dylan still ROCKS and always will. :+ :+ :+

"What? You'd deny a sex-starved MN Iron Range native the chance to appear commercially with some bimbos?"

ABSOLUTELY NOT!, But only if he is doing so as Iron Range Zimmerman and not Baby Boomer Dylan. Now his son Jakob, could DEFINITELY appear commercially with this BIMBO! }(

"In the meantime, settle down and smoke up. Bob Dylan still ROCKS and always will."

I love Bob Dylan. He was just here in DC this past weekend. Did a campus show at American University Friday, a last minute club show at 930 on Saturday which sold out before anyone could log on and buy a ticket, and an arena show last night at MCI arena. The review of his 930 show praised his performance but panned his acknowledgment of his adoring fans in the audience and his aloofness towards them, which only reinforces my opinion of his "commerical sellout" - so sad. BTW: you could get more easily get moss on that rolling stone than find 420 in DC if you're over 25, so I wish I could toke up and relax! :)

Guest ncm2169

< but panned his acknowledgment of his adoring fans in the audience and his aloofness towards them >

And, what else is new with the mercurial Iron Range Zimmerman man??? x(

< you could get more easily get moss on that rolling stone than find 420 in DC if you're over 25 >

Aha! THAT'S why you're in a foul mood. :D Wait a few months till the Dems take over again. Won't the supply be plentiful again?? }(

"Aha! THAT'S why you're in a foul mood. Wait a few months till the Dems take over again. Won't the supply be plentiful again??"

I'm not in a foul mood! This is my normal mood. Good 420 is about as plentiful and availablie in this town as cute twinks. In other words, import! :)

Everybody Must Get Laid!

I'm not quite old enough to know the entire Bob Dylan history, but didn't he "sell out" when he went electric? And again when he went evangelical christian? And again when he stopped being evangelical christian? And again when he joined the Travellin' Wilburries? Ad nausea...

Mind you, I ADORE alot of Dylan's work, but as a latecomer, I've just never seen what the brouhahaha was. If he wants to be a Hugh Heffner type, surrounded by babes in sexy underwear, why not? Maybe he'll make a guest appearance on my favorite show AMERICA'S NEXT TOP SUPER MODEL hosted by V.S. icon Tyra Banks.

BTW... Bob Dylan being in a VS ad is not nearly as much a sellout as all those former hippies who now own software companies, and are now outsourcing American jobs to India so that they can maintain a triple-digit income.

"Thank you for holding, this is your guru.

May I enlighten you somehow?"

La Trix

Guest Raffy

>Well, it seems that the FINAL sellout of the baby boomer

>generation is now complete with Bob Dylan’s appearance in the

>Victoria Secrets commercial.

Dylan was born in 1941 and came to prominence in the early 60's; he is 5 years older than even the oldest of the babyboomer generation, so please don't insult him by lumping him in with that whiney bunch.

That said, I think the VS ad is hilarious.

bob

Archived