geneva...

dapurplebear
This topic is 2388 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Been to Geneva last year for a quick 2-day stop in a whirlwind tour of Europe. I agree with everything, especially how expensive that place gets! I think I spent the equivalent of a week in Belgium in just those two days there. Actually, I have yet to visit a Swiss city that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket.

I also like how they speak French slower than most Francophone countries, I was able to keep up with them! lol

Been to Geneva last year for a quick 2-day stop in a whirlwind tour of Europe. I agree with everything, especially how expensive that place gets! I think I spent the equivalent of a week in Belgium in just those two days there. Actually, I have yet to visit a Swiss city that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket.

I also like how they speak French slower than most Francophone countries, I was able to keep up with them! lol

Born and raised in Geneva; father is American, mother is Swiss. Most beautiful and most boring city in the world. That's why I live in the States. Expensive doesn't even begin to describe it. A friend just paid $650,000 in Geneva for a second floor walk-up, 1 bedroom apartment in the iffy Plainpalais section of town. For that money, I get a house on the lake here. I go home every year to visit family and to enjoy the scenery but at the end of 3 weeks, I can't wait to get back to the U.S.

• 2 years later...

If anyone goes to Geneva, try to take in a trip to CERN, the giant particle collider.The tour is booked up 6 months in advance but check with the arrival desk. I was informed there had been a cancellation and I was welcome to join the tour. It is also easy to access. Just take the tram that runs along the main street to its last stop.

Archived