The Client Chronicles

MsGuy
This topic is 3181 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Found this fascinating, horrifying, sad, often extremely funny blog while randomly wandering the internet. If you grew up in the 50s or 60s or are Jewish or lived in NY in the 90s (or lots of other things), you may recognize parts of your own life.

For those of us with more refined tastes, it's got pictures of attractive nekkid guys too.

Ain't the Net wonderful!

I read the 1st entry about his one time girlfriend contacting and skimmed two others. I'm Jewish. But nothing that I've read so far except for the fact that I was attracted to men the same as the author was/is and that we are both Jewish resembles my life at all. We weren't rich. Neither of my parents were alcoholics or abusers of prescription drugs. I didn't really date. I didn't get obvious stiffies at the sight of guys in gym even if I thought some of my classmates were handsome. I doubt my Dad ever had an affair. I'm sure mother never did. Taking care of three children, working, and being the only parent while my Dad traveled out of town routinely on business would have kept her much too busy for that. The author seems to have grown up in Benjamin Braddock's family. Aside from being Jewish that family had nothing to do with me. While we weren't a perfect family-compared to the author's life, my family more resembled the Cleavers.

Gman

Gman, for all his assertions that that this blog was "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth," I took his description of his parents as more metaphorical than literal, an expression of a deeply disturbed relationship.

I mean, come on, what mother ever told her 40 year old son who just came out, "Big deal, we knew since you were 11. We love you anyway so how about you buy us a swimming pool to reward our tolerance? By the way half your father's family are faggots, including your father, you didn't get it from my side." And then follows that up with a lawsuit for fraud to recover the monetary value of all the gifts plus costs of the wedding that were incurred incidentally to his marriage of 18 years.

I only mentioned that he was Jewish because he makes it a point of emphasis several times in his blog. I doubt the any such parents as he describes, Jewish or otherwise, ever existed on the face of this planet.

I found the blog fascinating and although I'm not Jewish, I did grow up in the 1950's and 1960's! The writer has a nice, readable style of writing (though he needed a proof-reader at times!) and although his family is nothing like mine was, finding out about your father's sexual peccadilloes at a deathbed confession is quite the story!

Thanks, MsGuy for the link!

TruHart1 :cool:

Archived