Petition on Change.org to halt the prosecution of RentBoy

SimplyAdam
This topic is 3175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Change.org has a petition calling for a halt to the prosecution of RentBoy (and, consequently, persecution of sex workers): www.change.org/p/new-us-attorney-general-stop-the-anti-gay-prosecution-of-rentboy-com

This is an incredibly good idea, and whoever drafted it did an incredibly good job thinking it through. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Adam.

I am sending this link to every one of my clients. I know some of them will probably choose not to sign, precisely for the reasons stated in the petition - their lives could be damaged by a destructive government witch hunt. But we need to make this as broadband as we can. And even for those concerned about not "outing" themselves, it is a perfect demonstration of how it is actually safer to be part of an organized crowd than to be picked off while cowering in a corner.

As the video and petition make clear, this act touches on all kinds of issues: civil liberties, LGBT rights, human trafficking, sex trafficking, women's right, children's rights, and public health. Any websites that discuss those issues should be interested in this, so if you know of one, post the link there.

Beyond that, I think we need to be organizing our allies, and having as many possible signatures on that petition provides concrete evidence of how broadly this is felt.

Archived