Darius Ferdynand

Gar1eth
This topic is 3209 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone know anything about him-for example how is his written/spoken English? The reason I ask is that about a month ago or less his picture popped up on Grindr in the Seattle area. In his 1st post, he didn't really make mention of being Darius. I texted him, and he said he was. But he texted in 'fluent' English text . Then he changed his profile to imply that he was Darius without actually specifying the name. He said he was in the area filming. I looked at his Twitter Account, and he never mentioned being here. And there was still an ad on Rentboy in Europe for him-Spain, I think.

I, sneakily, sent an email through Rentboy asking if he was ever coming to the U.S. He got back to me and said later this year.

So anyone with info?

Gman

Does anyone know anything about him-for example how is his written/spoken English? The reason I ask is that about a month ago or less his picture popped up on Grindr in the Seattle area. In his 1st post, he didn't really make mention of being Darius. I texted him, and he said he was. But he texted in 'fluent' English text . Then he changed his profile to imply that he was Darius without actually specifying the name. He said he was in the area filming. I looked at his Twitter Account, and he never mentioned being here. And there was still an ad on Rentboy in Europe for him-Spain, I think.

I, sneakily, sent an email through Rentboy asking if he was ever coming to the U.S. He got back to me and said later this year.

So anyone with info?

Gman

I always wonder which pronunciation of Darius a person of that name uses--there are two. I believe it is Persian.

In American English it's pronounced [dare-ee-us], accent on first syllable. Darius Ferdynand is Hungarian so it would be [dahr-ee-oosh], again accent on first syllable (if he's indeed using the Hungarian pronunciation for his name).

Either DAR-ee--us or dar-EYE-us.

I've never heard the second one and even have trouble pronouncing it to myself.

In American English it's pronounced [dare-ee-us], accent on first syllable. Darius Ferdynand is Hungarian so it would be [dahr-ee-oosh], again accent on first syllable (if he's indeed using the Hungarian pronunciation for his name).

Thanks.

Gman

I've never heard the second one and even have trouble pronouncing it to myself.

Thanks.

Gman

Came across the second pronunciation only once in a mystery novel. More familiar with the first pronunciation, as in French composer Darius Milhaud.

So anyone with info?

Gman

Darius speaks and writes almost perfect English. Apart from a recent trip to Israel I don't think he has left Spain since April. Grindr and other such apps are full of fakes, I have reported two in the UK within the past few weeks.

Darius speaks and writes almost perfect English. Apart from a recent trip to Israel I don't think he has left Spain since April. Grindr and other such apps are full of fakes, I have reported two in the UK within the past few weeks.

It was interesting. While he didn't put the name Darius on the profile, he did put that he was filming.

I thought it was most likely fake. But he wasn't interested in meeting.

Gman

• 1 month later...
I had set a time and place to meet him in LA. We talked on the phone a few times, confirmed by text, etc. Just 30-minutes before our meeting he sent me a text to say that he forgot to tell me he doesn't like to kiss and that he'd understand if I decided to cancel. I can read the writing on the wall pretty well and cancelled. I thought it was a pretty weasel-like thing to do.

While it's upsetting at the last minute, he was honest enough to help you dodge a bullet. I agree he should have said that in the early stage of your discussions. At least you saved the fee.

Gman

Archived